Mk3 Ibiza cupra (Ko3 Hybrid Build thread)

K2NY-G

Seems as though my other thread has vanished :lol: so... we reminder of my car...

Picture009.jpg

Picture006.jpg

20vt, forge cooler, star map. yada yada :lol:

copied from FCN...

Well its taken all this time for the project to finally begin

due to a problem with the car using coolant every other week... it was time to start spending the cash :cry: Luckily though my autocare warrenty on the car was still vaild so a week later i had : new radaitor, new waterpump and timing belt. success

BUT

still the car was using coolant... headgasket :cry: after a midnight blast home from dundee with no coolant :roll: the car ran dangerously hot. cooking the headgasket!

So the project begins 8)

so far cars sitting like this...

Photo0150.jpg

head off...

Photo0165.jpg

after these pictures were taken the air con was removed, sai system and carbon canister :)

Also recieved my ATP high flow manifold from america today. so im happy :lol:

K2NY-G

Super Update time :lol:

Past few months i have been collecting the bits needed for the turbo i am going to be running, Also the car has made it too this state...

Photo0227.jpg

Photo0230.jpg

Some of the parts collected to date...

Turbo from CR Turbo's

Photo0226.jpg

And some more bittys

Photo0229.jpg

While the engine was out i decided to give it a wee clean and paint

Before...

Photo0228.jpg

and After

Photo0235.jpg

Inbetween my mate Stuart fitted the new Single mass clutch and flywheel, getting rid of the original dual mass setup

Photo0233.jpg

Photo0234.jpg

After collecting a nice wee bag from the SEAT dealers it was time to start getting everything back together... so far it stands like this

Photo0236.jpg

Hopefully more progress to be made tomorrow

K2NY-G

Cheers guys

Hopefully get Bill to map it... although it is a 6hr + drive from where i stay :(

K2NY-G

Well i thought it was time for a bit of an update, currently the car is built and running but not mapped. But here are some photo's etc of the time leading up to this...

engine is now back together and turbo bolted on, here you can see the LCR intake pipe is also attached onto the turbo... found a small problem that the water pipe was crushing the intake on the bend into the turbo, a bit trimming though and that was sorted :D

Photo0248.jpg

unfortunatley i dont have many pictures of the engine going back into the car :wtf:

but heres it back in :D

Photo0259.jpg

and now with the slam panel on and forge intercooler mounted up

Photo0268.jpg

Photo0267.jpg

Photo0269.jpg

Photo0279.jpg

as you can probably see the filter at this point in the build wasnt sitting in the best postion in the world, after a bit thinking it was moved along with removing the coolant bottle in favour of an in-line filler neck. No pictures of this but will get some if people want to see it.

K2NY-G

catch tank now fitted aswell :)

Photo0280.jpg

and finally lights, bumper etc back on :D

Photo0272.jpg

Photo0274.jpg

back on the deck :p

Photo0281.jpg

More pictures soon once i sort the camera out :happy:

K2NY-G

come on willie read the thread eh haha! aye was just there to start with, now got a 45* elbow with the battery moved to the boot and an in-line filler neck so the restrictions and the filter sits perfect in the space :)

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Now that sounds better, got pic of the inline filler neck want to relocate my collant bottle as well.

looking good progress though

tobi20v

Feb 27, 2009
Germany
Hi

I like these hybrids :) If I didn't have an K04 i would directly go on K03 hybrid. Really fine job up to now.

Cheers Tobi

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
great build mate, and better that you did it yourself! Got my little brown box from CR last week, its like an early xmas present:) Bet you cant wait to get it mapped up and running.

Will be watching this thread closely

Top work:D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.