MK3 Leon Cupra R - rumour and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I think if / when the Cupra R is released it will have the same price tag as the new Cupra but at that point the new Cupra will reduce in price tag by a few thousand as was done in the past?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Dont expect a LCR until 2016-2017, if you follow the MK2 it will be another roll out model.

I would like it to be 300+. Probably 320ps.

Of course 4wd would be good but i very much doubt it.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Dont expect a LCR until 2016-2017, if you follow the MK2 it will be another roll out model.

I would like it to be 300+. Probably 320ps.

Of course 4wd would be good but i very much doubt it.

I think the definitive answer will come from next months Geneva car show , if a Cupra R is close it will debut there even if it's in concept form.

I'm going to buy an S1 , the styling looks great , the performance even better and 4wd oh and it's manual only which makes my choice even easier , this think with a nice little map on it will be an absolute hoot to drive and a pocket rocket.

One thing I do know for sure the tuning companies are going to be spoilt for choice this year with all these new models.
The polo R is due 2015 , based on the S1 platform and running gear , and if seat can't get a Cupra R out by then to compete then a lot of prospective buyers will have their heads turned by the Polo R , S1 and even a year old S3

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I wouldn't have thought they'd have hinted at an R so soon, surely that would hurt Cupra sales. As others have said it'll be a few years away yet.

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
We have here in CZ the situation around cupra a bit different. The list price is according actual rate 24300 Euros for 280 5d with six speed manual gearbox. I don't believe it can go lower to let cupra r has got the same price tag later. And what more you can get a discount at dealership. E.g. Golf gti without perf pack is about 22890 euros list price.

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
I think the definitive answer will come from next months Geneva car show , if a Cupra R is close it will debut there even if it's in concept form.

I'm going to buy an S1 , the styling looks great , the performance even better and 4wd oh and it's manual only which makes my choice even easier , this think with a nice little map on it will be an absolute hoot to drive and a pocket rocket.

One thing I do know for sure the tuning companies are going to be spoilt for choice this year with all these new models.
The polo R is due 2015 , based on the S1 platform and running gear , and if seat can't get a Cupra R out by then to compete then a lot of prospective buyers will have their heads turned by the Polo R , S1 and even a year old S3

So basically you don't care that the A1 design is bu*t ugly.....? Hahaha Ehhrrmmm....sorry, couldn't resist. Each to his/her own, I know, I know.

:whistle:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
So basically you don't care that the A1 design is bu*t ugly.....? Hahaha Ehhrrmmm....sorry, couldn't resist. Each to his/her own, I know, I know.

:whistle:

Thought the mk3 was butt ugly when it came out and all.
Still not 100% sold BUT Id give an organ to have an all black Cupra 280 DSG. The right colour can hide lines in a car, which black does nicely on the 280.

Maybe the same applies to the A1?....and a blindfold

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Thought the mk3 was butt ugly when it came out and all.
Still not 100% sold BUT Id give an organ to have an all black Cupra 280 DSG. The right colour can hide lines in a car, which black does nicely on the 280.

Maybe the same applies to the A1?....and a blindfold

I for one have always thought the MK3 is a really good looking car. In any trim and/or body. :)

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
I was at the dealers today checking out my new FR it was parked at the side of a brand spanking new Cupra in white got talking to the salesman and he says there will be a Cupra R quoted 305BHP and 4 wheel drive but then he was a salesman he could be speculating

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I was at the dealers today checking out my new FR it was parked at the side of a brand spanking new Cupra in white got talking to the salesman and he says there will be a Cupra R quoted 305BHP and 4 wheel drive but then he was a salesman he could be speculating

Pure speculation dude, only a handful of people at SEAT ES will know at this moment in time what the plans for the Cupra R if there are any at all.

Sales person will know jack all.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
MN9p30g.jpg

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise