MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

splitzyx

Is the Cupra driving mode in 2 stages, 1) esp sport and 2) ESP completely off. Any screenshot would be appreciated, thanks. How does it work between these two Cupra modes?

splitzyx

Check out my reader's ride thread. I took some pictures of the different mode settings.

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does it mean when you select Cupra on all settings, ESP is completely off, no other options as in sport etc.? Not like Golf GTI that its in sport but not completely off. Can't get any more info from the screens. http://www.topspeed.com/cars/seat/2014-seat-leon-sc-cupra-280-ar161885.html they refer to 2 different set-ups?? "Another feature included is the ESC handling system offered in two stages. Stage one deactivates and the ECS is in sport mode, while the second stage deactivates the ESC completely."

Last edited by a moderator:

splitzyx

I suppose Scott could try on his Cupra, if its just a short press and long press that deactivates the ESP.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
It appears the stability control is independent from the drive profile settings.

uhaqeged.jpg

Scott

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Scott instead of going through the menus, if you press and hold the traction control button for about 5 seconds it should put it into a sport mode also or at least it does with mine

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
"Most of the time, this is where it stays". Says it all really, can't see my approach being any different ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Same here when I am driving it. Eco mode what's that all about. That's one choice that will never be used.....

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
Looking through the car menu on the infotainment and came across service which I presume is set at the factory and it is counting down from 20Kmiles. Seems a long time to service for a high performance car. I think I will still go for an oil change at 10K just for the peace of mind.

Mar 13, 2011
Looking through the car menu on the infotainment and came across service which I presume is set at the factory and it is counting down from 20Kmiles. Seems a long time to service for a high performance car. I think I will still go for an oil change at 10K just for the peace of mind.

If it's anything like our mk2 the mileage won't just count down linearly. I think they call it "long life" servicing, other manufacturers call it "condition based". Basically, the car works out how long between services depending on the type of journeys and how it is driven. I reckon you would need to do mostly gentle motorway miles to hit 20k. In three years our mk2 asked for 2 services, one at 12k and one at 22k.

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
If it's anything like our mk2 the mileage won't just count down linearly. I think they call it "long life" servicing, other manufacturers call it "condition based". Basically, the car works out how long between services depending on the type of journeys and how it is driven. I reckon you would need to do mostly gentle motorway miles to hit 20k. In three years our mk2 asked for 2 services, one at 12k and one at 22k.

Thanks for the explanation.

boltonredgt

Mar 25, 2014
Bolton
Also found in the handbook it states super 95 ron normal fuel and 91 ron with loss of power. this contradicts the sticker on the fuel flap ???? I am sticking to 98 ron.
Some models do have an ECS off button next to the hazard warning light switch according again to the handbook

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.