Mk3 leon sat nav

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
Does anyone know how to delete an individual stored Destination or Favourite in the Navigation System? I have checked the system and the user manual and it looks as if the only "delete" options are for deleting all stored Destinations or deleting all Favourites or Last Destinations - This is really annoying, as it seems there is no way of maintaining or correcting stored destinations. I have the latest navigation software, version 0034 ECE 2013/14.

You go into edit, then theres a delete option, a bit ass backwards, but there you go.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
thank you for your post but could you please explain how i get into edit to be able to delete as i have tried everything today and cannot find edit at all

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
thank you for your post but could you please explain how i get into edit to be able to delete as i have tried everything today and cannot find edit at all

can't post pics as I'm at work, but from the map, My Dest. (top left)> Fav & Contacts, Options (top left)> Whichever category you want to change> The little 'play sign' to the right of the name> Edit (bottom left)

Delete is then in bottom left, store fav in top left.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
thank you very much for that works a treat but after dest & contacts pick dest memory then as you say in your post, would never have thought going into edit to find delete it has been doing my head in thanks again

Last edited:

mbk72

Feb 21, 2015
www.youtube.com
+1 to this! I also failed to spot where you could enter post codes into the satnav!

Yep I also failed to find the postcode button on my own (or any mention of it in the handbook?) - lucky we have google and web forums to help! I'm not convnced the sat nav is quite a match for the latest Tom Tom though.

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
Yep I also failed to find the postcode button on my own (or any mention of it in the handbook?) - lucky we have google and web forums to help! I'm not convnced the sat nav is quite a match for the latest Tom Tom though.

Far from it tbh. Having come from a Mercedes Comand system, it's really quite poor. I'm going into the dealers this week as I've got to demonstrate the faulty zooming, fact the menus don't disappear sometimes and it sometimes not switching back to 3d on startup. Logged these with customer service so just need to show the problems so they can do something about it. Hopefully!!

mbk72

Feb 21, 2015
www.youtube.com
Yes from what I've seen so far I can see me sticking with the Tom Tom. At least it has full postcode search the RS3 nav couldn't even do that.

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
I've been pleasantly surprised by it. I wasn't expecting it to match the tomtom and overall I'd take an in-built tomtom over it, but it's done the job so far. The destination search is clunky compared to the tomtom's but I find it clearer at guiding around roundabouts and lane guidance. That being said, yesterday I ran the seat satnav and the tomtom side by side to compare their traffic guidance and they both took my around the congestion to a street under construction which cost a lot of time so double fail.

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
I find the worst thing about the nav is the voice pronunciation of names and numbers. Don't know if it was improved on later software.

It doesn't sound natural like on a TomTom or in my Beemer. Whoever signed it off as acceptable needs sacking.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
The biggest problem with the Sat Nav that I've found so far…

1. Select a destination and begin route guidance.
2. Have a look at the 'Traffic' screen.
3. Return to the 'Nav' view - Sat Nav has defaulted to thinking you've taken the system home to Wolfsburg!

Does anyone know why this happens? I've found out that pressing the birdseye view of the car on the nav screen takes you back to your original route.

mbk72

Feb 21, 2015
www.youtube.com
I find the worst thing about the nav is the voice pronunciation of names and numbers. Don't know if it was improved on later software.

It doesn't sound natural like on a TomTom or in my Beemer. Whoever signed it off as acceptable needs sacking.

Fully agree. Pop over to Wales if you want a real giggle at the place name pronunciation it isn't even close.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.