AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I liked it in the 5 door so in the 3 door it should be even better

its not Mythical.. ive driven it

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
The £300 saving is a bit disappointing (they must be saving more in manufacturing costs).

On the other hand, they have thrown in the sports seats which are a £615 option on the five-door version (if they're the same ones). Personally, I'd rather have rear parking sensors as standard because the view out of the steeply-raked rear window will be limited.

BTW, there's a new review of the 1.4TSI SC on Auto Express today. They give it five stars.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Pricing better than I was expecting. Not quite the same saving you get from a 3dr Golf or 3dr A3, but still at least its a bit cheaper than the 5dr. Should prove more desirable on the used market.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
I see that SEAT have now added the SC to their online price list. As expected, each model is £300 less than the 5-door equivalent.

The options seem to be priced the same, but there appears to be a new one for the SC - a LED interior illumination pack costing £60 (inc VAT).

There are also some New Leon family accessories that I don't remember seeing before, including rear parking sensors for £189 (inc VAT and fitting). So it's cheaper to get rear sensors after you've bought the car than specifying them when you order (which costs £265).

They will also sell you a Garmin Nuvi 2415 satnav for £139 (it costs about £83 from Amazon) or a Pure 300Di DAB receiver for £279 (about £100 more than Amazon).

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
There's an enthusiastic new review of the SC (five stars) on MSN Cars.

It concludes: "It's a unique and rather special car that's genuinely hard to find fault with. Still want that Golf?"