Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

MK3 suspension on a MK2?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk2 (1993-1999)' started by SalSheikh, Feb 2, 2017.

1. SalSheikh

SalSheikh Under the Hood

Hi Guys

did lots of researching but getting mixed answers!

Will a MK3 ibiza suspension kit fit on a MK2? What is required if it does fit (top mounts etc?)

thanks

2. bete noir

bete noir Green Meanie

Yes. Use mk2 top mounts. I fitted the SEAT Sport Bilstein mk3 suspension kit to one of my mk2s.

3. SalSheikh

SalSheikh Under the Hood

Cool. top mounts/bearings for front and mounts for rear ordered.

I take it nothing needs to be done with regards to the 3 fixing bolts used on mk3's?

4. bete noir

bete noir Green Meanie

Assuming you mean the three bolts through the front strut top mount plate (the spring seat, I guess) on the mk3, you use hardware from the mk2, so the plate with the three holes is discarded.

Here are my SEAT Sport mk3 Ibiza front struts with the mk2 hardware, top mounts and bearings fitted, just to illustrate what I mean.[​IMG]

5. SalSheikh

SalSheikh Under the Hood

so far fitted the fronts - we didnt complete the rear as my old man was tired after working the full day on customers cars (self employed mechanic) and he was feeling the cold so called it a day. We were supposed to complete the job on sunday but he wasnt feeling too good so have left it for the weekend.

the new suspension feels so much better and firmer, the old set were so tired that i could easily push the rods up/down.

changed the steering wheel to a MK3 one yesterday so once the rears have been swapped no further mods planned for now as I will be focussing my attention to the garage queen i have - the MOT is due on it at the end of this month and I have a little work to do on it.