Mk4 boot build

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
I personally dont think this would work but a friend of mine thinks i should take the spare wheel out and sound proof under neath it,
then use MDF and mount the sub above where the spare wheel would be but with the magnet facing up.
I don't think the bass would sound right with no enclosure?
Any ideas on this?

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Nice I have looked at that on here got to say it does look the nuts ;)
How does it sound because I'm thinking of putting the sub above the spare wheel (maybe remove the wheel) but have the magnet facint up and the cone facing where the spare wheel would be. Don't know if it would sound right though?
Thanks for the replies

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i would do it the same as sportriders as you never know when you'll need the spare wheel, but i doubt you'll get the best out of the sub

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
I have been looking at it today and i think the sub could be put in with the spare wheel still there but make it so i can get to the wheel easily.
But like you said Nickyjam i dont think the sub will sound very good :(

Audio Advice

make a custom sub enclosure

any decent car audio installer worth their salt will be able to fabricate you a nice wee enclosure for wherever you prefer (as long as the correct volume for enclosure can be obtained)

we have done quite a few versions in various Seats - as said just source a local dealer and tell him / her what you require ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise