MK4 Brake Upgrades

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Please post any useful info in this thread which will hopefully become sticky.

Include opinions if you have one and links to previous threads and prices and part numbers

DO NOT POST CRAP IN THIS ONE IE DONT GO OFF TOPIC

Both Petrol and Diesel Please

This thread will be made Sticky if there is good feedback on it that will help people in the future

Last edited:

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
some people have also said on this to make sure u get TT calipers as the leon/S3 versions seem to be slightly different sometimes.

if u have a 130diesel car or indeed 150petrol, they bolt straight on , as do seat sport calipers . these are 4 piston items used on the cupra and utilise a 312mm disc as well , the caliper is also larger than a brembo 4 piston caliper, however u will need aftermarket alloys to clear these , or ibiza cupra alloys,

these calipers are 270 quid from ur local dealer , u will also need new brake lines , plus discs n pads

Last edited:
Reactions: DrGile

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
i fitted the 312mm TT Brake conversion to my 130pd sport but also added Pagid pads.

After a few weeks-allowing plenty of time to bed in i can confirm that these are the mod to make before any power up grades!

Only problem to be aware of is the copper washer attached to the brake line that joins the caliper. This is a slightly odd shape and sometimes does seat right, causing leaks...and mad beeps warning of low brake fluid!!

A few pics for you!!

Before....

Just after being fitted...

Better pic...

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/reports/phpslideshow.php?directory=205/big&currentPic=15

Last edited:

greggy

Does anyone know what kind of tourque the 18mm bolts for fitting the caliper carrier require - I have heard some people have removed the thread on there hub - something i dont want to have to afford to fix!

Thanks for your help.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
id say use a torque wrench to remove them , gradually increasing the setting till they loosen , then just reverse the wrench ,

my 2 pence

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Undoing torque isn't always the same as doing up torque though. You may have to wind on more force to crack the bolt away where corrosion has set in, doing it back up to this torque is likely to exceed the specified value.

greggy

Thanks - Hoses Too?

Thanks for the ideas - I was thinking i might stop being cheap and take it in to the experts

Any idea if JBS are any good at this kind of thing - they look like the nearest set of peopl id trust to work on the car.

Also - I have been looking at hoses - the set of callipers golfturo has sent me is without hoses - Sent of a request to goodrige and they are happy to supply me with just audi TT225 front hoses - (See below) Anyone using these at the moment?

Cheers

Yes, no problems

Just order a set on line and in the "comments" section on the order
form
highlight the fact that you only want a front pair and not the whole
kit

I'll adjust the price and details manually at my end

Good luck

Ian Goldie
C.A.M. Auto Developments Ltd

Tel: 08700 780517
+44 1727 827717
Mob: 07850 397624
Fax: +44 (0)1727 827455

Web: www.camauto.com
www.brakehoseshop.com
www.exhaustwrapshop.com

Madz

someone know any brembo GT kit that will fit on it ? can i take a kit from another VAG car ?

Ibi Fr

yes in holland we have one with a Junior GT Kit on his Ibiza.

I will look for some pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibi Fr

here it is

[quote author=FRed link=topic=26006.msg452921#msg452921 date=1148091584]
Gisteren eindelijk een remmen upgrade gedaan.
Wat is het geworden; Brembo 4 zuiger remklauwen met 323mmx28mm schijven en rvs leidingen.Het is een complete kit die eigenlijk voor de Leon I is, maar perfect en zonder aanpassingen op een Ibiza 6L past.Dus dezelfde maat schijven en klauwen als van een Leon Cupra R. :lol:
Natuurlijk past het alleen met 17” wielen en spacers.

100_2545.jpg

Voor het zicht heb ik achter ook maar gelijk de klauwen rood gespoten en geboorde schijven met Ferodo blokken gemonteerd.

100_2547.jpg

Voor de liefhebbers; ik heb het gekocht bij Biesheuvel. Eind vorig jaar was er een aanbieding.http://www.seat-online.nl/index.php/topic,21077.0.html
Misschien kan Antoine nu ook nog een nette prijs maken.
Montage heb ik zelf gedaan.

th_100_2524.jpg

th_100_2531.jpg

th_100_2539.jpg

th_100_2542.jpg

th_100_2543.jpg

100_2543.jpg

100_2546.jpg

[/quote]

Madz

Nice

Nice :D but my dutch is not the best ;) so i can just order a GT kit to a Leon and it will fit perfect ?

Ibi Fr

Madz said:
Nice :D but my dutch is not the best ;) so i can just order a GT kit to a Leon and it will fit perfect ?

Haha i will translate it a bit for you all.

He had to put 20 mm spacers at each wheel to fit the brakes. BUT he is driving with the OZ rims with 7j and ET 37 i thought.

So he is driving right nouw with ET17, if you count the spacers within.

Good Luck!! If anyone has more questions.. ASK! I will translate it and will ask your question to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

skorv

Ibi Fr.... what is the serial number of that kit from brembo? is it 33.0019.04/06?
Thankz

Madz

yes thats the serial number...

33.0019.04/10 is for the Slotted disc