MK4 Brake Upgrades

denMla

Mar 27, 2010
Croatia
You need the hubs off a higher model matey, they wont fit otherwise :(

Thank's Scott-o!
Just to prevent missunderstanding - I need hubs of higher model for later 312mm discs or for 288mm?
Can you tell me what higher model you meant?
:cheers:

denMla

Mar 27, 2010
Croatia
Thank's mate! Somehow I thought (hoped) I can manage with anny VAG hub for 5x100 and 288mm disc.
I will just wait some more to find proper used ones.

denMla

Mar 27, 2010
Croatia
Not sure if other vag models fit matey. Maybe worth seeing how much the hubs are from a dealers and saving up? Or try a scrap yard for an Ibiza with 288mm brakes on?

Not manny Ibizas in scrap yards here in Croatia. And even less with 288mm! Transition country - cars are cheap and weak or premium brands!
Even mine PD100 is not often! Lots of Ibizas but 1.2 or SDI. Guess that can be the answer for first question in your post also. :)
How can I find out catalog number or part number (english is not my native language so sorry if I missuse some words!) for cupra or PD130 hub?
That way I could check maybe numbers for other cars fit and we will have the ultimate answer for annybody else with same dilema in the future.

EDIT:
I have found some VAG part numbers. Hope that will help anybody in the future.

For 312mm conversion you need:
Left brake caliper housing - 1UO 615 123
Right brake caliper housing - 1UO 615 124
Brake disc - 8NO 615 301A
Brake pads - 1JO 698 151M
Brake carrier with pad retaining ring - 1UO 615 125
Brake hoses (longer ones from vRS or TT) - 1JO 611 701G

If like me got no 288mm brakes you need also:
Wheel bearing housing left - 6QO 407 255S
Wheel bearing housing right - 6QO 407 256S
Wheel hub with bearing (72mm) - 6QO 407 621AJ

If someone notice that is incorect please make alarm so nobody buy wrong stuff! I am not sure is the third place in code ("O") letter "O" or it is number "0" (like "zero").
Thanks!

Last edited:
May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Standard fr brakes:

4040482853_255f4cd960.jpg

312mm mtec discs with tt calipers:

bbspittedrim3.jpg

These are 312mm mtec discs with cupra calipers:

Photo0373.jpg

bd1a8214.jpg

Hope this helps

mr_bod

Jun 26, 2007
Stockton on Tees
www.rcd-ne.co.uk
been looking at new discs on ebay for mine and it says check wether they are 280mm or 288mm, can anyone tell me what mine would be as i dont wanna order the wrong ones.
i have a 2007 1.9tdi FR. thanks a lot :)

S7UYJ

Sep 7, 2010
Manchester
Hi All, really hope someone can help me out here as Im stumped!

Went to change my front pads the other day. MK4 PD130. I found something that i havent seen before.

The pads were bigger than the disc by a good few mills, basically the pads were worn, and the outer edges (closest to the edge of the disc) were not touched. Actually had to chip some of the pad away to get it off the disc!

Question is, could this mean someone has done the 312mm upgrade, and replaced the discs with standard discs? (it has had new ones recently before ibought it)
Would this be possible???
The is a fair bit of clearance between the disc and carrier

Opinions appreciated!

whiteisalright

seems weird that ya pads are larger than the discs you normally get a lip on the disc cause the pad is slightly smaller than the disc

i would say there has been 312 discs fitted then replaced by 288 maybe as they knew they were selling the car and didn't want to folk out for the more expensive 312`s

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.