MK4 Brake Upgrades

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Would you say £180 all in is a decent price for 312mm setup? (calipers, carriers, pads, new discs, 2L of ATE fluid)

Also 2L should be enough to completely flush the fluid shouldnt it :blink: ?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Sounds alright yes

1L was alright when I changed the fluid in mine. I think you need more flushing if you are changing from dot 4 to 5

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Awesome so I should have some left over for a change next time :)

I was thinking of getting them fitted as brakes are kinda important ;) but if there super easy to do I'll do it myself and then just get garage to check over?

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
The brakes and new discs arrived on Friday and they are massive compared to current... Just wanted to make sure, they will fit under the 16" fr alloys ? (think they are older style fr ones)

tolstyi

Feb 8, 2011
Ukraine
Finally I got them.

A great upgrade.

Seat sport brembos, upgrade :funk:

dsc00469xn7.jpg

Price list: 2000 gbp.

Special price: 473 gbp :clap:

it's only one example that i found of mounting LCR calipers (as i understand it is Brembo family C) on 6L FR with FR alloys without any spacers. So the questions for Ibi_FR is:
- what the size of brake disk? any part number?
- what the adapters are used?! any part number?

Story of this kit is very intresting because there wasn't Brembo kits for Ibiza 6L, especially with LCR calipers. LCR calipers thinly 5mm than Brembo GT Jnr kit (Brembo family A) so could used within more kinds of alloys without spacers.

Last edited:

Ib1_FR

La VaK LoK
May 15, 2005
Guanajuato, MEX
it's only one example that i found of mounting LCR calipers (as i understand it is Brembo family C) on 6L FR with FR alloys without any spacers. So the questions for Ibi_FR is:
- what the size of brake disk? any part number?
- what the adapters are used?! any part number?

Story of this kit is very intresting because there wasn't Brembo kits for Ibiza 6L, especially with LCR calipers. LCR calipers thinly 5mm than Brembo GT Jnr kit (Brembo family A) so could used within more kinds of alloys without spacers.

Brake disks are 312mm, 8N0 615 301 A

Adapters, none. for Ibiza FR and Cupra, the calipers and disk are plug and play. only that you need is a 5mm spacers with Ibiza FR 17" oem wheels

H&R Spacers of course ;)

Brembo kits for 6Ls ibizas, part number is 6L06071450, it´s the same that i got :funk:

kylel39

Hello Lads,

I'll be honest and say I'm looking for a complete walk-through guide here. I know my brakes are going and will fail the MOT come January so I'm looking into replacing them - a mechanic doing the work of course.

My car is a 55 plate Ibiza Cupra TDi. Realistically I'm looking for a reasonably cheap set (Front & Back) but still do whats required - regular driving/braking. I've seen the PAGID one's on ECP and there's 30% off at the minute hence why I'm looking into this now.

So really what I'm wanting to know what exactly it is I'm needing to buy when it comes to replacement? Or if there are any other suitable options?

Thanks,
Kyle

Wooders91

has anyone experienced the ecs 312mm upgrade which uses the oem caliper? or are you likely better off doing the audi 312 swap?

Deeeee

Apr 4, 2012
Newcastle
Alright guys,

I've got an 05 Ibiza cupra tdi and I need a replacement caliper for the drivers side and the bleed nipple has snapped in the caliper.

I've been looking at potentially down grading to the 312mm TT caliper etc.

I was just wondering if anyone can help me, I've found a set of RS3 4 Pots and the owner has said they fit 5x112 on the RS3, would these fit on the standard cupra carriers or would i have to purchance RS3 carriers?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
What upgrade can I put on my rear brakes of my mk4 cupra, since the back brakes are tiny compared to my ap racing front set up. And anyone have part numbers to fit.

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
Well at the moment the back end dances under braking there is a massive contrast in power compared to the front they don't have the site in the back.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I've seen people fit the 256mm rears from the leon cupra, I think they just bolt on with only the back plate requiring modification to allow the larger discs to fit

Spooky211

Dec 13, 2010
Glasgow
Does anyone have any experience with fitting LCR Brembo's to a MK4 Ibiza Cupra? Have snapped a bleed nipple and whilst I was able to drill it out and fit a new bleed nipple, its now started leaking slightly. Seat charge £750 for a new caliper (total f*cking rip-off!) so am looking for alternative options, any help would be much appreciated!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Does anyone have any experience with fitting LCR Brembo's to a MK4 Ibiza Cupra? Have snapped a bleed nipple and whilst I was able to drill it out and fit a new bleed nipple, its now started leaking slightly. Seat charge £750 for a new caliper (total f*cking rip-off!) so am looking for alternative options, any help would be much appreciated!

You could over size the hole retap it a use a bigger nipple or try a helicoil. If not new calliper is your only other option as you cant add a seal washer

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise