MK4 Brake Upgrades

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
The Cupra MK4 has better brakes as standard than the FR. I looked at drilled/grooved discs, but ended up with normal ones! I foudn the brakes alot better, and would class it as a good upgrade to go with a remap!

You put Cupra brakes on yours? plug and play or a lot of hassle?

Did you just change the front or all 4?

Thanks,

PJ.

T. Spark

You put Cupra brakes on yours? plug and play or a lot of hassle?

Did you just change the front or all 4?

Thanks,

PJ.

Sorry, didnt really explain my upgrade, I have the same 312mm upgrade as alot off here. Its all that is needed for a nice little upgrade, if you have a remap.

I know a few that have Brembo's think its Ant FR, personally I think that would be a better option than the Cupra brake set up.

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Sorry, didnt really explain my upgrade, I have the same 312mm upgrade as alot off here. Its all that is needed for a nice little upgrade, if you have a remap.

I know a few that have Brembo's think its Ant FR, personally I think that would be a better option than the Cupra brake set up.

Cool, thanks for that mate - so you think they make a big difference, is the standard system pretty poor or are the TT ones just much better......if that makes sense.

PJ.

T. Spark

Makes sense yes, and I wouldnt say they are bad as standard, but when you start playing with extra power, lowering it is a must imo.

I drove for nearly 20k with standard brakes, and a remap, when it was time for new discs and pads (on my 30k service :D) I figured why not, and tbh, its a great upgrade esp. if you need to change the disc and pads like me.

I have got used to the brakes now, but my brother drivers the same car, with the same remap and we drove abroad on a rally a month or so ago, and he now wants the same brakes as me, as they are that good :D

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Cool, thanks for that mate, that makes alot of sense - i seriously consider the same, waiting for a brake change then doing the upgrade, seems silly to change the brakes if they are suitable but if you're changing them anyway then definately worth doing.

Thanks,

PJ.

tomax

Hello all :)

just a question to have 312mm disc, can we keep the original caliper ( i am in 288mm on my 130 sport) or is it mandatory to have the TT caliper ?

thks

gazjones

need the tt caliper as well, as the 312 mm carriers wont fit the 288 mm ibiza set up caliper

tomax

Ok
so the TT calipers are plug and play on the ibiza?
just change the calipers and the discs and gooooooooo :confused:

gazjones

yep look in the main site info section ive done a guid to fitting them!

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
just looked at the brembo brake 312mm upgrade 1k it costs :-o ...ha think not! i ordered zimmermann's crossed drilled 312mm off steve @ golf.turbo, painted the calipers yellow, looks well mean! can't wait to get em fitted next month...only 11 days to go... :whistle:

11 days to go til REVO too, yey :funk:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
£880 all fitted if i remember, worth every penny as well,

I am currently looking at a set of four pots for the mini cooper s at the moment cos i miss em so much

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
Ibi FR or FRed(or someone): I got confused..Are the brakes on Ben Fr's car Brembo juniors GT kit or Leon Cupra R's brakes(3232mm with bigger brembo calibers)? Or are those the same thing..

Ben FR

The Brakes i've got are the calipers and discs of an ibiza cupra.
only had 5k miles driven on them and look brand new.
Was going to fit them to my FR but never did but then i got a new car, so if anyone wants them we could do a deal.
Message me.
Cheers

Triple D

Are they the AP seat sport ones? If so im sure you will beable to sell them pretty quickly chap for a reasonable price.

danmarley

Aug 26, 2006
Hi guys,

found this while having a quick search the other day.

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.onea...nid=1546167dd82bb2b/shopdata/index.shopscript

allows you to fit the 312mm discs while keeping the standard caliper. might not give the full stoping power of the Brembo's but a cost effective and impressive mod!!

I've posted on the main forum and seems they will fit with the standard sport or FR alloy's some pic's on this thread:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119562

Looks well mean[:@]

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
If I go for the TT 312mm brake upgrade will they fit with 16inch wheels on? As my FR is an 05 model with the 16inch wheels and I don't have the money to change the brakes and the wheels.