Mk4 Bulb upgrades

dave_chandler

Ok.. just realised it is Macks that needs H4. Doh! :headhurt:

Everyone makes mistakes? do you have double reflector front lights?
if so do you just have a kit for the dipped beams?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Yes I have doubles, just HID`s in the dipped beam 5000k.
I went for H7R bulbs which are designed for reduced glare, you pay a bit more for these though.. I just checked ebay: click.

Last edited:

dave_chandler

Yes I have doubles, just HID`s in the dipped beam 5000k.
I went for H7R bulbs which are designed for reduced glare, you pay a bit more for these though.. I just checked ebay: click.

They seem quite a decent kit. Out of matter of interest how do you do the hole clicky thing?
do you think 6000k would look good, or would 5000k be better?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
They seem quite a decent kit. Out of matter of interest how do you do the hole clicky thing?
do you think 6000k would look good, or would 5000k be better?

Well I went for 5000k for two reasons: the lower the colour temp, the more light is produced.
And I did`nt want them too look blue and attract attention from plod.
The colour looks more original I think since most seem to go for 6000k. They still start blue but warm up to white in about a minute.

To do the clicky thing- when you post a link, just before the last [/URL] put in the word you want, like this: word[/URL].

Last edited:

Macks

The ones from diane-shop come up to like 60 quid, that isnt bad considering they are both hi/low beam. There alot more from HIDS4U around 145 or so. And i was looking at the warranty information and i cant see the warranty not being valid for those in the uk. It does ship from hong kong, according to them with 18 months of warranty..

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
And i was looking at the warranty information and i cant see the warranty not being valid for those in the uk. It does ship from hong kong, according to them with 18 months of warranty..

But do you think that work in practice? At least HIDs4U is a UK company, and their customer service is excelent. Not saying that diane-shop is bad though, just ive had bad experiences of hong kong ebay sellers...

Use a discount code with HIDs4U and you can get a lot off the price.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
But do you think that work in practice? At least HIDs4U is a UK company, and their customer service is excelent. Not saying that diane-shop is bad though, just ive had bad experiences of hong kong ebay sellers...

Use a discount code with HIDs4U and you can get a lot off the price.

Exactly I agree.

There is piece of mind when buying from hids4u, and with discount codes the price is reasonable my kit was £140, but I got it for 85.

Macks

Exactly I agree.

There is piece of mind when buying from hids4u, and with discount codes the price is reasonable my kit was £140, but I got it for 85.

wow really.. where will i find these discount codes :O?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
and with discount codes the price is reasonable my kit was £140, but I got it for 85.

oops just realised it was supposed to be more like £110 :headhurt: but it`s a discount none-the-less!

Yours will be more `cos you need a a bi-xenon.

Last edited:

Macks

Right guys, now that im considering HIDS4U. I might just go for one dipped bulb, as i doubt i'll be ever using full beam? does this mean i will need a H7 HID?

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
You will regret it if you dont get main beam, and it might be an mot failure. If you did go for just dipped, you would still need H4. I think you can get a kit which has a halogen light for full, and HID for dipped beam - that might be cheaper for you.

Actualy, ive just thought - ive got a H4 kit from HIDs4U kicking about from my mk3 ibiza. Its about 2 years old, but only got used for about 2 months. PM me if your interested.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Right guys, now that im considering HIDS4U. I might just go for one dipped bulb, as i doubt i'll be ever using full beam? does this mean i will need a H7 HID?

You will still need a H4, as a H7 won`t fit.
Sounds like Beezanick may have a solution for you ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.