MK4 Cupra Bumper Upgrades

Georgel

Aug 10, 2005
Anyone, I know its a bit cheeky, but I don't really know what I am asking for at the main dealer... :(

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
First post.
Greets from Finland, great forum you got here.

Ordered parts for cupra bumper Ill be fitting my Cordoba asa I get them.
So couple of questions I was just wondering about..
Will the original foglights fit the cupra one (orig cordoba bumper is the same as your prefacelift (non-fr) model ibiza one in case u were wondering)?

And you havent been too bothered about the panelscrews and other tiny little bits´n pieces in your price/part lists, so shouldnt I get them also as were obviously talking about pennies here and a lot less problems with hair falling off from scratching.:blink:

The reason Im bothering you all with my pitty questions is cause I think Im the first to do cupra bumpfit in Finland so not much help here. And also looking forward to flash the local dealer with my preknowledge with this[B)]

And sorry about the language. Seems to be bit rusted from lack of use:redface:

Thanks!!

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
First post.
Greets from Finland, great forum you got here.

Welcome to our domain!! Its great to have more people from oversease here!

Ordered parts for cupra bumper Ill be fitting my Cordoba asa I get them.
So couple of questions I was just wondering about..
Will the original foglights fit the cupra one (orig cordoba bumper is the same as your prefacelift (non-fr) model ibiza one in case u were wondering)?

They are a straight swap, no problems at all.

And you havent been too bothered about the panelscrews and other tiny little bits´n pieces in your price/part lists, so shouldnt I get them also as were obviously talking about pennies here and a lot less problems with hair falling off from scratching.:blink:

The original screws are used for the Cupra bumper also, so no need to worry about getting more. You will only need 2 dark coloured screws for the fog light covers as the original bumpers use clips instead.

The reason Im bothering you all with my pitty questions is cause I think Im the first to do cupra bumpfit in Finland so not much help here. And also looking forward to flash the local dealer with my preknowledge with this[B)]

And sorry about the language. Seems to be bit rusted from lack of use:redface:

Thanks!!

No problems mate, this is what this FAQ is for. Please dont apologise about your English, its better than some of the Brits on here!

PLEASE NOTE: If your engine is Turbocharged, the Cupra bumper will block the airflow from getting to the side intercooler. Taking a fog light out only cures this 25%, you would really need a front mounted intercooler.

Good luck :D

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
Thanks Ed.. That about does it.

Yeah I did read the earlier posts about that airflow problem.. thou no worries about that as im rocking 1.4-16v sport wopping 100hp :p

RichIbizaSport

Says Bye! x
Apr 29, 2007
Hull
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, im new to the forum, so take it easy on me!

Im about to buy an ibiza 1.9tdi sport (pd130) (pre-facelift 52 plate) of my brother on the cheap, but it just so happens that he hit a rather big dear the other day and smashed his front bumper, which is a bonus because i wanted to change it anyway!

I'd like to go with either the facelift FR bumper or the cupra one. Am i right in think the facelift FR front bumper will be a direct fit without having to change any other parts?

What exactly needs changing if i wanted to fit the cupra bumper? would i need a fmic?

D-Power

Oct 28, 2006
Newmarket
Rich,
Spend enough time on this forum and you'll soon be wanting a remap! That means you'll need a FMIC which cant be fitted with the sport bumpers so thats why people put the cupra/facelift fr front bumper on the sports. These bumpers dont work well on your car because the sport's SMIC will get no air-flow.

I think its a case of working out what you money you have to spend and when, and if your not planning to do the work yourself it'll save making more trips to garages than you have to and paying them to take bumpers on+off twice.

Renda

Feb 1, 2007
Zagreb, Croatia
And if you decide to go for the fr facelift bumper (so you don't need the fmic), then you need new fog lights because they don't fit from your old bumper (but they fit the cupra bumper)...;)

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
You might wanna add to the list
6Q0 955 453P fluid container
2D0 955 465B seal
444 955 647 plug

with certain reserves
since I dont know is it just me with my scandinavia spec model or that theyve put in all the models with headlight washers that 4,5litre container and you need the smaller 2litre version to fit the cupra bumber, wont fit it even w/o foglight.
Cheers!

Ant1987

cupra bumpers

H,

Quick question, is it possible to put 06-07 cupra bumpers onto an 04 SX or would i need the 04 cupra bumpers

Thanks in advance

Ant

P.S. Also would it look silly to have 06-07 bumpers on a 04 car

Last edited by a moderator:

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
URGENT HELP NEEDED.....

is it possible to put The new Curpa ibiza bumpers onto a pre-face lift ibiza?? 1.2 12v (no FMIC) to worry about...PLEAAASE reply even if it has beeen previously covered i need confirmation fast !!!!! :confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members