MK4 Cupra Bumper Upgrades

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I have only seen a few Mk4s with aftermarket bodykits fitted. I've heard of the non genuine ones but haven't seen a car with them fitted.

They are probably made from fibre glass and may fit poorly. Have a look on ebay...sometimes genuine facelift front bumpers can be picked up as cheap as 30 quid! The facelift FR rear bumper (like the one in my sig pic) are normally very hard to find.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
rear bumper

I know that somewhere the information will be presant but i have looked and would just like to clarify that im correct in thinking that the face lift rear bumper for the cupra and FR tdi are the same and that the rest of the range are slightly different.I only ask as im in the process of lookinhg to buy this week and most breakers say they are the same but im sure there not.If i have to i will buy new which leads me on to my next question .Is any one offering the rear cupra/FR bumper at a better price than £167+vat plus theres the splitter at £50 odd plus the dreaded. Just dont want to shell out this much if i dont have to.
Hope this isnt seen as a waist of thread space ,cheers all.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Ok answerd first of my own questions the FR/Cupra rear ones are different than the std facelift rear ,so just need to know if theres any better price deals going.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
The Facelift FR and Cupra rear bumper are the same yes. I looked on ebay for over a year for one and only 3 were advertised in that time. Luckily one's on my car now!

The Facelift FR front bumper is the same as a normal facelift bumper....However the FR has different grilles. Normal facelift bumpers can be picked up cheap off ebay....then buy the FR grilles new from Seat and fit them.

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
hi there,

ive just bought an 04 (so pre-facelift) ibiza FR :D and i want to get a cupra front, but i cant afford the fmic at the moment...but ive seen people get round the airflow restricion to the smic by filing out the grille on the cupras....what im wondering is; is it possible to get a cupra bumper and put a facelift FR centre grille in? and would this get round the airflow problem? sorry if its been asked before...

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
hi there,

ive just bought an 04 (so pre-facelift) ibiza FR :D and i want to get a cupra front, but i cant afford the fmic at the moment...but ive seen people get round the airflow restricion to the smic by filing out the grille on the cupras....what im wondering is; is it possible to get a cupra bumper and put a facelift FR centre grille in? and would this get round the airflow problem? sorry if its been asked before...

No the FR main front grille won't fit a Cupra bumper. I was the first member on here to modify my Cupra front grille and it has worked fine for over a year. If anything a modified Cupra grille will allow more air to the smic than the standard pre-facelift bumper.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Hi just woundered if there is anyone or any way you can fit the pre face lift fog lights to the facelift front bumper.As no aftermarket part suplyer sells these yet and im not paying the £150 quid that seat want for a new pair!!

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Is there anyway that i can fit my exsisting FR fog lights to my new face lift bumper can brackets be made has anyone done this ?

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Is there anyway that i can fit my exsisting FR fog lights to my new face lift bumper can brackets be made has anyone done this ?

Some people have bodged them on with cable ties. I think part of the bumper will need cutting away if you want to fit your existing ones.

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
I have access to some brackets etc,so will try and see if its poss.I wont be using cable ties though nor will i pay 150 quid as its a total ripoff for some lights,hopfuly they will start to make pattern part ones soon.Also is there anything else i need to fit my face lift bumpers to the car or do all brackets on the car match.Do you need new screws/clips if at all?
sorry for all the questions but just want to be sure i have all parts needed before hand

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I have access to some brackets etc,so will try and see if its poss.I wont be using cable ties though nor will i pay 150 quid as its a total ripoff for some lights,hopfuly they will start to make pattern part ones soon.Also is there anything else i need to fit my face lift bumpers to the car or do all brackets on the car match.Do you need new screws/clips if at all?
sorry for all the questions but just want to be sure i have all parts needed before hand

I believe some Seat Leon fogs are the same as facelift Ibiza fogs. Have a look on ebay and you might find some cheaper.

All the brackets etc match up and you use all your existing screws and clips to fit it.

oggymk4

i have recently purchased a 02 1.4 sport and wanted to know if the pre-facelift fr grills fit the standard pre-facelift front bumper?? and will the pre-facelift fr rear valance (with exhaust cut out) fit the standard pre-facelift rear bumper?? apologies for the amount of pre's!! cheers.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
i have recently purchased a 02 1.4 sport and wanted to know if the pre-facelift fr grills fit the standard pre-facelift front bumper?? and will the pre-facelift fr rear valance (with exhaust cut out) fit the standard pre-facelift rear bumper?? apologies for the amount of pre's!! cheers.

Yes and yes!

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Right guys can any one tell me definatly if its the seat leon 06 onwards front fogs that are the same as the facelift ibiza front fogs,as i realy dont want to order the incorrect ones and go through the whole process of returns,cheers jamie

Darzy18

i was reading some of the posts for this subject and just wondering how much would it be for a fr rear bumper and where would i get one a good price new or used dont matter any help would be great

Hello again! I managed to source myself a cupra bumper WoOt!!

9afe_1.JPG

It's in great condition, couple of scuffs from being handled but I'll get it painted when I source a Rear Cupra/FR bumper! I went to seat and bought the foglight covers and the towing eye cover that the bumper is missing.

Quick question though - I read earlier in this thread that the foglight covers will need 2 screws to secure them to the bumper? What size screws will I need toget for this? I thought they might have clipped on?

ossie-marc

hi there i am looking to change my bumber
i have a 1.2 seat ibiza mk4 on a 53 plate it has the prefacelift bumber on at the moment
and i wonted to know weather a facelifted bumber would fit
plz help and answer if already answered somewhere else need a deffinant answer before i spend the money

thanks a lot in advance
marc

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise