Mk4 Fmic

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Please post any useful info in this thread which will hopefully become sticky.

Include opinions if you have one and links to previous threads and prices and part numbers if its the SEAT sport one!

DO NOT POST CRAP IN THIS ONE IE DONT GO OFF TOPIC

Both Petrol and Diesel Please

This thread will be made Sticky if there is good feedback on it that will help people in the future

Last edited:

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
the standard side mount intercooler fitted to the ibiza PD range is quite inadequate , it has marginal airflow , and is small , from previous experience , i have had my car held flat out (on private roads of course) and after about 30 seconds seen it start to slow down as the high temperature of the charge air , reduces the power output of the car ,

in my eyes there are two options

1)improve airflow to an already weak design , which is the opposite of wat usually happens when people fit cupra bumpers for example

2)fit an upgraded, better positioned intercooler

the easiest way to do this is to buy an aftermarket kit from forgemotorsport , this contains all u need to complete the task , bar basic handtools and knowledge , this kit fits behind all standard seat ibiza bumpers

the second way is to install the front mounted intercooler fitted to the MK4 ibiza cupra as standard , this installation is more involved and is more expensive , but some people prefer to use stock parts , tho it does require some cutting of bumpers if u dont have cupra ones installed,

i have found from having the forge item installed the car is more eager to accelerate , is less smoky and actually is more fuel efficent if driven in a quiet manor ,

Triple D

Snoopcousins said:
What is the price of the Cupra FMIC?
But remember you also have to have the cupra front bumper for this. Like i said in another thread, if you wait till january you might beable to save quite a bit with the offer '' name your own price'' that willoughby seat will have. O the other option is the understated look and go for the Forge one and still keep the standard bumper.

Triple D

I stand corrected, but its better to have the cupra bumper is it not? with the seat fmic

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
no difference really - no more airflow.

It's if you have the Cupra bumper you must have an FMIC, because the Cupra bumper won't allow any air to get to the SMIC.

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
My hand is being forced after someone dented my front bumper and it needs replaced, so im going to replace it with a Cupra one. I suppose I will have to have it without the fogs until I can get the FMIC.
Does anyone in N.Ireland know where would be best to get the FMIC and get it fitted? (Bearing in mind I really dont think I could do it myself!)

Are we talking about 500 quid all-in then with the pipes?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Your car is gonna run so bad....

Seat_Ibiza_Cupra_1.jpg

I really wouldn't advise that (better to drive with a dented bumper than one with virtually no intercooling)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
snoop for my leon i got grant at westec to send me mine and did it myself. its not that difficult just takes a bit as youre being careful not to scratch anything.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
aye brendy but he wants the seat sport one brendy which means changing every pipe , forge is definately the easier n cheaper option , mark , i agree used to accelerate my car with the cupra kit fitted on standard smic , n at high speeds see the ecu pull back n the car start to slow down with the high temps , with the forge fitted charge temps dont go over 32C

Triple D

Snoopcousins said:
My hand is being forced after someone dented my front bumper and it needs replaced, so im going to replace it with a Cupra one. I suppose I will have to have it without the fogs until I can get the FMIC.
Does anyone in N.Ireland know where would be best to get the FMIC and get it fitted? (Bearing in mind I really dont think I could do it myself!)

Are we talking about 500 quid all-in then with the pipes?
I should thinkso, and the intercooler is so easy to do. I was in the same predicament as you when i ordered my fmic but was surprised how easy it was when the bumper was off. I paid £700 but i think the seat one works out at about £900 for the tdi one and then on top of that if your gonna have the bumper aswell that'll be about another £300 to buy and get sprayed.

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
Snoop...are you the fella that lives round the corner from me on the Rathgeal road?? If so i know of a supplier within walking distance that quoted me a price on the Forge FMIC beating all the others (not by much, but it all counts!!) If both of us go for it we could get a larger discount. pm me if your interested

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
cordobabrendy said:
armo aka streetracer per chance?

Yeah...was cheaper than anyone else-even from this site. not by a whole lot but it meant i didnt have to worry about it being dumped on my doorstep. From what i remember the FMIC quote was less than Stoney paid for his!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.