Mk4 Fmic

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
You will already have a SEAT fmic and i would say it would be perfectly fine. Though im sure the Forge one would be slightly bigger and better but its probably not worth forking out another £500 for.

Triple D

Aparently not snoop the seat sport one is slightly bigger iirc im sure ant will be on shortly to confirm this. ;)

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Yep the sport one is defo bigger:whistle: and in my opinion and some respectable tuners, you would be hard to beat it.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
don't get me started about restrictive intercoolers, acute angled joints and rubbing pipework, cos i'll be here all day......lol

stevie.w

182bhp 297lb/ft
May 26, 2006
COOKSTOWN N.IRELAND
i find the the forge unit a great job, granted the seat sport one may be bigger and because of this probably better, but for value for money and ease of fitment the forge unit is hard to beat, and when upgrading from the stock smic the forge unit is excellent. my motor is remapped and rolling roaded at 182bhp and the forge is playing a blinder, my motor runs sweet as and even on a hot day theres no sign of heatsoak and the wee beeza holds full power with ease. i would actually stick my neck out and say that if your upgrading from the smic and maybe just running a remap, the forge is more than enough, theres no need for the seat sport one.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
if anyone is reading this and after a seat sport one, well i have a genuine seat one for sale to fit the 130 tdi's and at a chep price, check out the for sale section

gazjones

with just a remap yours should be ok the intercooler is there to cool the air from the turbo going into the engine, as air is compressed it heats up, best to have cold air going into engine so intercooler allows for high compressed air that is cool and not hot! the fmic is alot bigger and better placed allwing better cooling!
hope this helps

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Yes matey, especially if your thinking of a remap,
Just look back through this thread...
The Cupra bumper blocks air-flow to your side-mounted IC as it has a Fog light infront of it and no holes at the side of the bumper. Your Sport bumper has slats in it...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.