MK4 Ibiza Airbag Light

pansywhacker

Hi guys,

First post here so be kind ;)

Basically I was looking to change the fuse for my non functional cigarette lighter socket and whatever I've done the airbag light has now began to come on when I switch on the ignition.

I tried having a look with VCDS but it said that it couldn't connect to the airbag module 'too many connection errors'.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
The airbag module is located underneath the aircon / heater control in the center of the dash, behind the cigarette lighter. Have you remove the center console to play with the cigarette lighter socket at all?

Also what fuses have you changed, un-plugged?

pansywhacker

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I've not removed the centre console or anything, I might have removed a couple of fuses by accident in confusion with the fuse diagram but I placed them back in. My cigarette socket still doesn't work and now my airbag light is on too... could the two be related?

pansywhacker

Thanks Badger,

Well I just went out and I've got a new shiny 15A fuse in the place where the cigar lighter should be... (BTW my manual said that would be in position 49 :() I removed it and it pushed it in cigar lighter and it actually pops in and stays in. When I put the fuse back in however it won't - weird!

pansywhacker

Ok so I matched up the fuse diagram and I actually sat and compared it with what was in my book and what you had put online.

Turns out mine is totally different, like I have a 30A fuse where it supposedly is for a diesel engine? The Engine Management control ones are blank in mine? I've got a 1.2 Petrol

Have a look! I would post the image of my fusebox but I've not reached 15 posts yet to do so :cry:

pansywhacker

Nope, tearing my hair out, the fuses don't go into any of the ones that actually state they are for petrol vehicles. For some reason mine has a 30A fuse where the manual says this is for a diesel ECU and SDI pump.

Sake...

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Wooosaaaaaaaa!

Strange! Have you unplugged your battery to reset everything? Also need radio code first if you've got the standard radio.

pansywhacker

I've not unplugged my battery fully but it did run flat back at Christmas time (had to enter the radio code) and the airbag light still came on afterwards. Currently terrified of going to the stealers and getting hit with a quote.

pansywhacker

Nah the light came on mid-last year after trying to change the cigar lighter fuse, I'm only getting round to fixing it now as the MOT is looming in a couple of months.

pansywhacker

Ah ha! Cheers, fair enough... it's a total headscratcher why mine is different?! It was a late 07 version.

pansywhacker

Ok heres my fusebox with ur diagram laid over it.

As you can see there are differences!

JgANNKp

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members