Mk4 ibiza cupra aux

Redcoop

BOOOOST!
Oct 27, 2014
Aberdeen
So iv noticed another one that has a aux port beside the handbrake other side if the esp button..
Can this be fitted? How hard to do? And where would i be able to buy the centre console?

Mk4

Jul 13, 2015
Surely it would just be easier to buy a new stereo with the aux port in the front?

I'm sure it could be done, but it will be a lot of work removing panels, and from what I remember, the aux input on my Alana head unit was wired into the ISO port, so you'd have to rewire that too

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Go search for Aux in on Alana head unit on here... there was a whole thread about 3 pages long. Yes you have to get a connector and do a little wiring.. but not really much different to fitting a complete new stereo at £££ cost extra. Be warned mine only worked a couple of time and not really sure why.. so it maybe not plain sailing but not too difficult if you can solder.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I ve got the Aux input by the handbrake and believe me you don't want it there. Its in the wrong place. The section under the handbrake is not ideal for your phone / Mp3 player. Also the plastic cover over the 3.5mm jack is dog cheap and is easy to pull of by accident.:(

Buy a kit and fit a jack in the glove box or below the centre consol. ;)