mk4 ibiza double din?

paddy1987

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys is it possible to put a double din sat nav/cd/dvd player into my mk4 ibiza ive been looking at them and think there really good.

and how hard will it be to fit one?

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
ive done it, and its a fcuking nightmare to be honest,

alot of cuting grinding and swearing!

100_0393.jpg

paddy1987

fr-tdi

looks smart man! so would it be worth paying a fitting charge from where i buy it?
i love to get hands on and would get a real sense of satisfaction from fitting it myself but i dont really get time! :cry:

the ones im lookin at are: Kenwood DNX-5220BT Double DIN DVD/Sat Nav CD Radio

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT - Sat Nav & Audio System

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
the pic below is what i have in mine it is a sat nav but want a better one would the one above fit mine or not :shrug:???????
DSC01278.jpg

of course itll fit i have the same car lol

but it takes a degree of cutting and molesting the dash along with some custom brackets to make it fit....

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
fr-tdi

looks smart man! so would it be worth paying a fitting charge from where i buy it?
i love to get hands on and would get a real sense of satisfaction from fitting it myself but i dont really get time! :cry:

the ones im lookin at are: Kenwood DNX-5220BT Double DIN DVD/Sat Nav CD Radio

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT - Sat Nav & Audio System

halfords and the like wouldnt even touch it, they wont sit in the car park and cut the dash to bits

if you dont wanna do it yourself go to a decent modifing garage though i dont know any apart from local ish to me

the Pioneer 900 is a one box solution as oposed to the unit fr tdi has which has a brain type box which is located else where, I'll take some photos of my unit in the car if you like?

Halfords won't touch the install when they realize there is cutting involved though, it's not the best advert for them cutting cutting dash boards in the car park!

paddy1987

ive been down to halfords and they said they'd be able to fit it quite easy because i have a singledin head unit in at the minute but directly below is a single din size storage compartment. so it would just be the wiring that will be the trickest part i guess

ive been down to halfords and they said they'd be able to fit it quite easy because i have a singledin head unit in at the minute but directly below is a single din size storage compartment. so it would just be the wiring that will be the trickest part i guess

dont listen to them listen to the guys here that have done it, it is a single din unit underneath but its held in my some little plastic ridges that will have to come out 2 get the double unit in..........

so ur local halfrauds have looked and said yeah should be fine, and then when they go to fit it they will say arrrhh erm we cant do it........

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
of course itll fit i have the same car lol

but it takes a degree of cutting and molesting the dash along with some custom brackets to make it fit....

Ho yer me bad :redface:

Who ever had the car befor me had the ugly blaupunkt sat nav fitted and iv noticed there has been some parts were the stereo goes in has bits cut to make it fit.Is there alot of wires behind your sat nav not got alot of room due to my phone kit bein rammed behind it:whistle:all so i didnt notice till not long ago that it has a full set of infinity speakers and crossovers front and back which looks like its been done at a audio shop may be.

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland

theyre slavering crap.

yes you do have single din set up at present but by removing the bay below the headunit you have in just now doesnt make it true double din.

trust myself and mhill, it will NOT be a simple bolt in slap your granny bobs your mums great uncle fit, you will 100000% have to grind parts of the dash away.

take your headunit out and see for yourself ;)

paddy1987

so you suggest getting a professional to do it? there is a shop in swindon that does custom audio stuff like boot build etc so i guss they'd do it. prob at some stubid price tho

paddy1987

big will how much did you pay? unit and fitting if you dont mind me askin

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Too much mate :p The unit was 550, then the ipod cable another 18, then the 2-din adaptor kit for 39 which I then found out I didn't need!

If I remember I think the unit was installed at a stupid cost of 110, It was a damn big cost, but damn did they do a good job, if I did it, half the cables wouldn't be connected. Some had to be hooked up to the ECU, reverse gear,handbrake etc.

The unit sounds a lot, but It has everything, Satnav, touch screen, Ipod direct, DVD player as well ( though I won't really use it whilst driving :D)

paddy1987

yea i kno they cost a sh*t load! the unit i want is about £800 so il prob be lookin at just under a grand fully installed! do i really wanna spend this much:confused: lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.