mk4 ibiza double din?

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Must admit, the idea of the map on SD card is better than on CD, have to put it in every time you I make a new route, so I just leave it in :p

Good choice there!

paddy1987

i agree it is a good choice lol:D it also has built in blootooth fuction witch helped me pick this specific one aswel as the sd card usb port and ipod connection

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
this is true about the dins as my headunit i fitted i needed to swap the storage and the unit over to smarten it up.

the only way to do this was to turn the storage slot upsidedown (to fit in on the slots mentioned above)

I don't no if i can mention:ban::whistle: and how easy it would be for you but uplands in bristol are excellent fitters been used them for my last 3 cars.

hope u get it sorted

paddy1987

do you have a single din with a motorised monitor by any chance?
because i was thinkin of putting one to save cutting up my dash and would be easier to remove if i ever wanted to sell. but the down side is the motorised screen would come up above the cup holder and hazard light.
:idea: unless maybe i swap the unit with the storage as you said above.
is it really just that simple and will the screen still cover the hazards and cup holder?

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
I have an Alpine IVA-D310RB in mine at the minute.

Motorised screen does get in the way sometimes, but I still had to hack away at the dash to get it in properly.

Now looking at an F900BT...

maxbeef

I too want to replace my car audio. I have an identical setup to Alex Kelly on page 1. I would post an image but I havn't made 15 post yet :doh:

My local Seat garage said all they can do is replace the existing unit with the same model but would not accomodate upgrading to new technology = pants (not that i would actually get them to do me over a barrel). Checked with Halfords, they said the same - as others have already stated in this thread.

Anyway I want to put in a Kenwood dpx503u (again no image due to not posting enough).

It seems like all I would need to get it sorted are the following:

Seat Ibiza Double-DIN fitting kit - Part reference: CAW1320-00
Seat Ibiza aerial adaptor - Part reference: PC5-90
Seat Ibiza wiring adaptor - Part reference: PC2-75-4

Someone was saying I may have problems because of the climate control.. does anyone know if this is a seperate connection or not? Would it actually be a problem?

Also will the dpx503u unit fit in the space? Looks like it will...

fr-tdi - What exactly did you mean by "cutting and molesting the dash".. is that unit you got larger than normal double din? Did you use the Double-DIN fitting kit?

Sorry for all the questions, don't want to spend £240 and then realise it ain't gunna work. :blink: :cry:

Thanks in advance :coolthumb

maxbeef

simonfouracre - Thanks for the clarification! I've never tried taking the stereo out before so that's probably half the problem :whistle:

Any advice on the best way to remove and smooth the brackets? Is it a simple case of physically ripping them out and using fine sand paper to smooth?

Big reps for the link also, looks like you saved me a good £25 on the fitting kit :rocker::worship:

Dont spend £40.00 on the fitting kit - http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lc...0+postage+only+400+vw+facia+panel/pid/8002020

this is under £15 inc postage and will do the job perfectly.

You don't need any kits like that!

simonfouracre - Thanks for the clarification! I've never tried taking the stereo out before so that's probably half the problem :whistle:

Any advice on the best way to remove and smooth the brackets? Is it a simple case of physically ripping them out and using fine sand paper to smooth?

Big reps for the link also, looks like you saved me a good £25 on the fitting kit :rocker::worship:

I used a Dremmel on mine to smooth it with someone else holding the hoover close to suck away the muck, it don't need to be that smooth as it wont even be seen

Last edited:

simonfouracre

mhill - how do you fit a double din unit without a surround then??? would like to see yours if it fits straight in the hole you're left with!!!

doesn't need to be smooth for looks, but you will need to get some kind of double din adaptor in there to put the unit into. If these plastic lugs are not completely removed you will have trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

simonfouracre

you still need a surround for the unit - the size of the hole you are left with when the original stereo and tray are removed is bigger than a double DIN unit. So you will need http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcc...el/pid/8002020
or similar.

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

maxbeef

Dudes, thanks for the extra info.

Question here for mhill and fr-tdi:

So did the cage that came with the new stereo just slot right into the gap no problem after getting rid of the brackets?

What did you bolt the cage to? Is there something on the chasis that is in the right place for this?

Just so you guys can see what i'm looking at, this is my head unit now:

Put "www" infront of the URL below, skanking it round the 15 post rule innit :ban:

imagegrip.com/view-667_car.jpg

This is the head unit:

imagegrip.com/view-645_dpx503u.jpg

Looks like i'm gunna have to just jump in the deep end and wing it :D

maxbeef

Just looking at the pic of the kenwood unit I want to put in, it does look smaller than the CD/Radio/SatNav system that I have currently installed so may well need a fitting kit as simonfouracre says.

I'm not going for the whole big screen thing for 2 reasons:

1. Money
2. I'd rather have USB input, it's all about the music. Sick of CD's all over the place, getting scratched etc.

But the unit is classed as double-din:

justkenwood.co.uk/stock01/dpx503u.asp

blackmajic

Simonfourace, that looks very nice in ur dash. Is that a HU with a built in CD changer?
I'm looking to either get something like this, or somehow fit a seperate CD changer (where ever I can install one) or set up some kind of IPOD connection. I'm quite new to all this modifying lark so I wouldnt really know which is the best thing really. I was wondering if you could give me some wise old words from the pro.

Thanks

zippyprorider

Feeling the power!!!
Dec 26, 2005
Simonfourace so my double din headunit will fit with the adapter you pointed out, as my hole i have left is too big for the double din pioneer to fill.

Andy

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise