MK4 Ibiza FR TDI De-Cat

adam_may

Mar 5, 2010
Sheffield
Has anyone took the cat out of theirs? If so did it make any differance in power? How much louder does it make it? And can u just chop the cat out and weld some pipe in? Or can u buy a de-cat pipe? Cheers Adam

knackerdecobre

Easiest way is to chop the cat out and weld a section in, most exhaust places would only charge around £50 or so.

knackerdecobre

It will be quicker, can't comment on noise levels though, Don't think it would be much louder though

ibizadoyle

Oct 10, 2008
pembroke dock (wales)
i done mine and i think it gave good gains i had a map b4 it and it made 179 bhp decat and panel filter and it made 192 mate and it is bit louder much more whistle tho so tht always good

adam_may

Mar 5, 2010
Sheffield
Ok cheers think ill go and get it done. Its already been mapped and its got a green cotton induction kit on. Will get its dyno'd after I've had it de-catted and see wats its pushing out!

Mar 13, 2010
From what ive read it will help the turbo spool quicker and should give small gains, i was thinking of doing it myself at some point.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
i have decat...

I have full turbo-back milltek system....got a drive by video and video of the exhaust.

Its louder above about 2.5k and whistles a lot more as you can hear the turbo spooling up a lot more...

definately see more power gains as well...my boost gauge was showing about 23psi with just a cat-back but now is bit over 24psi when booting it

adam_may

Mar 5, 2010
Sheffield
i have decat...

I have full turbo-back milltek system....got a drive by video and video of the exhaust.

Its louder above about 2.5k and whistles a lot more as you can hear the turbo spooling up a lot more...

definately see more power gains as well...my boost gauge was showing about 23psi with just a cat-back but now is bit over 24psi when booting it

Cheers for that, ill have a look at your project and check the vids later when im at home :)

knackerdecobre

i done mine and i think it gave good gains i had a map b4 it and it made 179 bhp decat and panel filter and it made 192 mate and it is bit louder much more whistle tho so tht always good

192 on a PD130? How long have been running that power without blowing the turbo? only very aggresive maps will make that sort of figure (or a rubbish RR!)

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
when i did mine i cut the cat out and welded in a pipe straight to the centre section, it giver a nicer sound/more of a whistle and an air (vacume tyoe) noise on idle and through the gears above 2k rpm. gains are not huge but noticable and is better for the turbo as it has more room to let out the exhaust gasses i.e the restriction is eliminated :D

ibizadoyle

Oct 10, 2008
pembroke dock (wales)
no it wernt i had the map at performance tourque then the last rr was on got boost dyno dynamics rollers so it wernt a **** machine like and i been running it for about a year with no problems at all!!

thanks simon

Nov 25, 2007
Derby
iv had mine de cat on for sometime now sounds alot better only cost me £15 on the side like

if you come to derby meet il take ya out so you can hear it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.