Mk4 Ibiza Stereo Removal

Bazza

done simple 2 flat pioneer keys did the trick

Method:

Push Flat radio keys in under the 2 outside buttons on the stereo to depress the springs

keep pressure on springs whilst pulling stereo and will pop free

easy

WildChild88

Aug 30, 2008
Doncaster
Am I being stupid?

How are you meant to pull out the head unit? :( I can feel the springs depress but it seems impossible to get hold of anything to be able to pull the stereo out :(

Thanks in advance!
B

WildChild88

Aug 30, 2008
Doncaster
Must also note, that was trying to use a cut up credit card, if I have no luck before tomorrow i'll try and get hold of some of the keys!

Halfords?

WildChild88

Aug 30, 2008
Doncaster
Found out that keys only cost £3, so I saved myself the hassle and bought them, got the head unit out in under 30 seconds!

Result :D

jasposh

If I pull the radio out do the cables remain attached to the back so I will not need the code unless i unplug them?

Basically, I don't have the code and want to get to the back of the radio to attach another cable to hook up my ipod, can i do this without needing to put the code in afterwards?

jtonline

www.jtonline.info
If I pull the radio out do the cables remain attached to the back so I will not need the code unless i unplug them?

They will stay plugged-in as you ease the radio out. The plugs that go into the radio have little lugs on them that you have to squeeze to release.

The exception to this is the aerial lead, that for some reason best known to SEAT, is a right angle plug and there is very little spare wire. You'll probably need to disconnect it but it's no bother.

Basically, I don't have the code and want to get to the back of the radio to attach another cable to hook up my ipod, can i do this without needing to put the code in afterwards?

Yes, no problem, that's what I did the other day to mine.

Browny_37

Sorry to revive a old thread, im trying to remove the headunit from a Mk4 Ibiza also.
Im using the Pioneer keys to try and remove it.
I've managed to get one side free, and get the headunit so far out.
I cant feel or see the clip on the passenger side, i know what im looking for as on the drivers side.
Just cant spy it, i dont have a credit card i can chop up to try but its becoming a burden now.

I've tried brute force, but felt as though the whole dash was going to come with it.

Can someone help me?

use an old clubcard or nectar card then or anything stiff and slim that you can cut to shape.
i had loads of trouble with my radio keys used a card and it was simple really simple.
try taking the compartment out thats under the stereo too it helps a bit.
obviously dont force the stereo because the dash surround will go with it.

Browny_37

I did manage to remove it in the end, but i did have to remove the surround so the radio would come further out.

The previous owner or a mechanic must have really messed things up whilst having it out, as the passenger side clip was bent backwards on its self.
I just need to go back and play about with the surround now, as its not quite seated correctly, and i was running out of time last night.

Many thanks for the reply anyway matey, mucho appreciated!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.