mk4 ibiza tdi sport

james101

Evening all,

I have been searching for a 6k2 ibiza but have now seen a few mk4 ibizas that I fancy, mainly the 1.9 TDI sport.

The one I am looking at is the 1.9 TDI sport, but how can I tell if it's the 128bhp model? It has a 6 speed gearbox, front fog lights and is on a 2003 plate. According to parkers this makes it the 128bhp model but want to be entirely sure before I travel to go see and ends up being the 100bhp model!

Any information would be really appreciated, many thanks

james101

Thanks for your reply, I would post the add but i don't have enough posts yet to add URLs.

Do you mind if i message you the link?

Any other information would be great, cheers

james101

That is definitely a PD130, 6 speed mate

Is that a good thing? I have owned a 1L 6n polo and currently a 75bhp polo saloon so want something with decent power so fancy something like this (read it averages awesome mpg too) plus insurance is really cheap also!

Can yourself, or anyone else shed any information on these models?
cheers

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
Is that a good thing? I have owned a 1L 6n polo and currently a 75bhp polo saloon so want something with decent power so fancy something like this (read it averages awesome mpg too) plus insurance is really cheap also!

Can yourself, or anyone else shed any information on these models?
cheers

Without a doubt. Arguably one of the best VAG engines there is mated to a great gearbox.

I love love mine. I've had 6 cars but this is the one I almost run to the car to drive it haha.

On my 26 mile drive to uni on a morning I always average around 63mpg without fail. A little under if I go faster and play obviously haha.

There are a few mods to do to get them running even better / at their optimum. Documented here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292840-daniels-seat-ibiza-sport-pd130/

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Love my motor. Standard at the moment. Not sure if i am going to trade it in for a mk 3 leon. Love it that much !!!!!!!!!!!
Had it from new. 108,500 on the clock, still going strong. My mate a vw chap said my motor is great. He is the only chap who works on my car.

james101

Without a doubt. Arguably one of the best VAG engines there is mated to a great gearbox.

I love love mine. I've had 6 cars but this is the one I almost run to the car to drive it haha.

On my 26 mile drive to uni on a morning I always average around 63mpg without fail. A little under if I go faster and play obviously haha.

There are a few mods to do to get them running even better / at their optimum. Documented here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/292840-daniels-seat-ibiza-sport-pd130/

Ah this is really exciting news haha, I've emailed the company and hopefully go look at it within the new year now!
I heard remaps are simple but very effective also!

james101

Love my motor. Standard at the moment. Not sure if i am going to trade it in for a mk 3 leon. Love it that much !!!!!!!!!!!
Had it from new. 108,500 on the clock, still going strong. My mate a vw chap said my motor is great. He is the only chap who works on my car.

The car I may go see is on 118k, have you had any major problems done and out the way? I.e. has the clutch already been done or is it likely to be going around the 120k mark?

cheers

james101

There is also one going for sale on the board here you may want to consider too.

The red one? Unfortunately, due to a bad dream by my Nan where myself and other family members had a crash whilst in a red car I've been told not too, plus I have paranoia / OCD so am forever avoiding red! hahaha thanks anyway

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Looking at the link you posted to the black one, it looks like a nice car, deffo a 130. It says hi spec but as far as I can see it's standard spec for one of these.

Interesting that they say it will come with a new cam belt if you pay the full asking price. I reckon a cam belt job on one of these is £300 so take that into consideration if knocking them down. Also make sure there is a receipt for the cam belt as it's not easy to say if it's new or not just by looking.

If you're used to a 75BHP petrol polo you're going to be impressed with a 100 TDI let alone a 130 TDI

Last edited:

james101

Looking at the link you posted to the black one, it looks like a nice car, deffo a 130. It says hi spec but as far as I can see it's standard spec for one of these.

Interesting that they say it will come with a new cam belt if you pay the full asking price. I reckon a cam belt job on one of these is £300 so take that into consideration if knocking them down. Also make sure there is a receipt for the cam belt as it's not easy to say if it's new or not just by looking.

If you're used to a 75BHP petrol polo you're going to be impressed with a 100 TDI let alone a 130 TDI

Glad it's a 130, 30bhp standard seems to make a huge difference! Yeah I'll ask for a receipt although I bet the salesman will just say "it's been done by a mechanic we have so no receipt" or something!

Yeah driving a 75bhp saloon isn't too great, especially as its quite heavy and underpowered so awful on fuel too!

Are there an main things to look out for with these models? Also, it says "high spec" what spec did these have? Like what gadgets should it have? Cheers

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
It should have climate control, leather steering wheel, trip computer, foglights, I can't think of any more but I think you'll be impressed :)

james101

It should have climate control, leather steering wheel, trip computer, foglights, I can't think of any more but I think you'll be impressed :)

Oh cool, It states central locking too which seems nice! haha.

I plan to go up after the new years now to get a look at it (my car is booked for an MOT thursday) so hopefully maybe even put that in part ex.

Although, on the advert could you look at the wheel 7th picture and tell me if the disks look a little rusty? I know if hasnt been moved it'll look a little rusty, but does that look too rusty considering it was only brought in 8 days ago and drove to the location to take the pictures?

Cheers

dann2707

MPG Hunter
Sep 9, 2013
Leeds
It's probably rusty from rain / being washed. Absolutely nothing wrong with that mate.

The top of the bumper looks a bit scuffed on the 8th pic though, on top. Not sure if you noticed

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
The car I may go see is on 118k, have you had any major problems done and out the way? I.e. has the clutch already been done or is it likely to be going around the 120k mark?

cheers

my motor is on the original clutch, no problems. changed front discs / pads at 96,000 miles !!!!
will change rear discs / pads next month. 109,000 miles !!!!!!!!!!!

my vw mate says my motor is in great nick. ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members