mk4 ibiza tdi sport

james101

Well today I went to view the car.

Firstly, from the outside and at a distance the car looked in great condition which I was happy with. Firstly checked the boot, no rust - original spare wheel set etc.

Then, I got the keys and got inside and all went downhill from here:

- no CD player (by this i mean not just the face missing but the whole unit, just wires hanging out)
- cupholder had no bottom to it to hold a cup so was just a circle that wouldnt go back in
- mold on the seats, seat belts, door cards, even the dash board had mold lmao
- when i closed the door it didn't feel right so on closer inspection the door had dropped and the sill below was dented so it wasn't sitting right at all so i imagine has had a crash and repaired badly
- ad stated service history, when I looked it has 3 stamps in the book, one at 10k, one at 20k and the next 90k. One receipt for filters etc and hasnt been serviced for 30k miles

Needless to say at £1995 i walked away haha

james101

you did the right thing, walking away.

Definitely! Glad temptation didn't get the better of me. These things alone were enough to put me off even before test driving it.

He also tried telling me that it belonged to an old man before the garage, yet had wind deflectors (which i assume is a mod rather than come standard?) and no CD player which again I assume a younger boy owned before with a full system which got taken out before sale.

Bit sad but happy I didn't waste money, although I feel the pd130s are hard to come bye?