Mk4?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Yes, I believe so. Auto express reported towards the end of last year that the next generation model was due in showrooms in the first half of 2019. Whether or not that’s when it will be seen in the UK or in mainland Europe I don’t know.

Sounds about right, as VW are launching the mk8 Golf mid year next year too.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yes, I believe so. Auto express reported towards the end of last year that the next generation model was due in showrooms in the first half of 2019. Whether or not that’s when it will be seen in the UK or in mainland Europe I don’t know.

Sounds about right, as VW are launching the mk8 Golf mid year next year too.

Likely that will also be a Cupra version under the new Cupra branding. Perhaps the Cupra leon will come out earlier than usual. Or even before the Seat leon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’m sure you’re right. I think I did read somewhere that Cupra could trailblaze some new features which might later filter down to other Leons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I've read and they've been pretty accurate so far.

"However, don’t expect a glut of new Cupra models in the immediate future, with Cupra Ibiza and Arona currently in the pipeline, and the first Cupra Leon not expected to appear until after the new Seat Leon is launched in 2019. Although, rather confusingly, a 296bhp, four-wheel drive SEAT Leon Cupra R ST will make its debut on the SEAT stand at next month’s Geneva motor show alongside a Cupra Ibiza concept."

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
Thanks guys ... looks like I'm keeping my old faithful mk2 going for another couple of years then :) weird to think next time I change it'll probably be the last non electric car I buy!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.