Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

MKIV rear condensation

Discussion in 'MK4 Toledo' started by the bert, Dec 9, 2015.

1. the bert

the bert Active Member

Hello world... :blink:
    Do any other MKIV owners experience excessive rear window condesation as soon as the temperature drops when parked overnight, have checked all the boot area bone dry even after the recent rain. Zero water pooling in rear doors & all foot wells and carpets are also dry... anyone?? :confused:

2. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

I don't but then I did leave it parked up the whole of last winter whilst I was otherwise engaged, so I haven't ever driven it from January to March.

I have read about this issue with the car on the Rapid forum at BRISKODA.net

3. steve75

steve75 Active Member

Not had a problem with mine other than traffic film build up on the back window which makes it near impossible to see out the back if you have low sun behind.
    My wife's Polo is terrible for misting up though (as was the Polo courtesy car we had when hers went in for a service).

4. the bert

the bert Active Member

BINGO... i keep a bottle of water in the boot for emergencies etc along with other gear... bottle gets condensation on the outside and this seems to be creating the excess misting up in the rear window... deerrrr didnt think of that

5. irl_techie

irl_techie Active Member

Also bear in mind you bring water into the car out of the rain....on your shoes :)

That gets into the carpet and hey presto..condensation.

Only happens during winter months.

6. CH11LER

CH11LER Active Member

Condensation used to be a problem on my focus in winter. It was damn annoying every winter morning... heck sometimes it was even frozen on the inside.
    The solution...
    Drive with the heaters + air con + air circulation on which takes the moisture out of the air / wet clothing and carpets meaning less moisture to condense after the cars cooled down.