MKV Golf GTi to Cupra TDI

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
No, u don't. Photos or it didn't happen

Look at my readers ride thread, there is a pic of 64 mpg and I have got 68 before which could easily have been 70 if I had not had to drive 5 miles of the journey in low gears stop start. I think a few if you need lessons in economical driving styles.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
I didn't reset it halfway I drove from Hilton Derbyshire to chilwell Nottinghamshire on the a50 at 50mph, check on a map and work it out the distance and time will correlate. In fact next time I will film the whole journey just for you from key turn to the end. And I don't want to be loved by the Internet, I just want to show how bad a driver you are ;)

Last edited:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
You did 50mph, yet averaged 30?

Yeh I see how your proving a lot about anything

I don't live on the a50 so I had to drive to it from standing, I didn't just automatically start driving at 50 mph from the start. I then exited on junction 1 the b6540 where I stopped at traffic lights. I then drove through sawley and long eaton where the limit is 30mph stopping at various islands and lights. Don't worry, I will film the whole journey next time just for you ;)

Last edited:

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
There are loads of people on here who have quoted that they don't get anywhere near 60mpg with a cupra tdi including myself, even when driven on long journeys incredibly gently, no more than 70mpg will be lucky to hit 50mpg......with the larger turbo on the 160 this just isn't possible coupled with gear ratios.
Whatever you have been smoking I would come off it:) If you are doing 70mph plus on a motorway and getting 60mpg I'll pay for your drugs!
Cheers vin

Will you pay for mine too :)... 40-50mpg round town and Manchester to London last week - cruise control set at 70 - 60mpg.

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
There are loads of people on here who have quoted that they don't get anywhere near 60mpg with a cupra tdi including myself, even when driven on long journeys incredibly gently, no more than 70mpg will be lucky to hit 50mpg......with the larger turbo on the 160 this just isn't possible coupled with gear ratios.
Whatever you have been smoking I would come off it:) If you are doing 70mph plus on a motorway and getting 60mpg I'll pay for your drugs!
Cheers vin

Will you pay for mine too :) Manchester to London cruise control set at 70mph (apart from past Birmingham through the 60mph zones) 61mpg including the odd over take.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members