MOCAL oilcooler kit HELP

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
As title says, I´m calling experienced users for help! see PICS

I´m about to fit a Mocal oilcooler kit for 1.8t. That said, it has bin fitted for quite some time but WITH the OEM cooler intact. Now I´m about to ditch the OEM cos lack of space for filter. Anyways, there´s a shallow bolt fitted with the kit (mocal part: 951) but when removing the OEM I find the supplied shallow bolt to be to long (removing the OEM shallow bolt with OEM cooler) It´s approx 6-8mm to long, makin a gap between oilfilterhousing and mocal sandwichplate.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Please take a look at pics to determine errors

Thanks

MOCAL003_zpsc739bed8.jpg

MOCAL004_zpsbd570bb6.jpg

MOCAL005_zps80d60b9e.jpg

MOCAL006_zpsecdc3525.jpg

MOCAL008_zps0bc9ed2a.jpg

Last edited:
Check my thread mate

I fitted one not so long ago

You need a shorter threaded union to screw in to the oil filter housing then screw the mocal screw on (one in the last pic )

Then you can slide a mocal sandwich plate on and then the oil filter on.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Check my thread mate

I fitted one not so long ago

You need a shorter threaded union to screw in to the oil filter housing then screw the mocal screw on (one in the last pic )

Then you can slide a mocal sandwich plate on and then the oil filter on.

Mucho Thanks mate:)

Yeah I thought so, No way I can make it fit with the supplied parts above. Do you have a link or part number for the actual UNION to make the sandwich and filter to fit?

Is it a mocal product?

I must say it´s a bit strange that BDM and several others advertise this product as a direct fit/bolt on to 1.8t when actual parts are missing

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members