Modded door sills fitted

Glove

Aug 30, 2018
Purchased a pair of original Seat Ibiza SC door sills for the princely sum of 10 pounds brand new. Seat want 140 quid. Anyhow they showed up and it turned out the plastic surround was slightly damaged on both sides. Where damaged in transit or sold like that I don't know but I decided to try and remove the flimsy plastic surrounds as I am sure they would just get snapped in the future anyhow. For a Tenner I though hell and started gently pulling the plastic surrounds off leaving the tape attached to the sill. Well I am glad I did because I think they look way better than with the plastic surround, fit very nicely and are more robust than with the very flimsy surround. What do you think?. Cheers.

nfmsf6.jpg

5zjvp.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
:thumbup: looking good. Hard to tell from the picture, that is an Ibiza logo as well and not a reflection?

Glove

Aug 30, 2018
Thanks Legojon m8. Yes the Ibiza logo is etched into the stainless, hard to capture with my crummy phone but it matches the colour of the car nicely. It is the only place on the car to identity it as a Ibiza :). Here is a pic of some on another car with the surrounds that are very flimsy.

343sz8k.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I would like a set in this style but in black. There is nothing else on my car that is silver/chrome so stainless would look out of place. Black ones don't seem to be available though unfortunately.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members