Model of the Sat Nav in a Sport Tech

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
I see the Sport Tech comes with Sat Nav.
Does anyone know the model number / part number for this?
Just thinking if you wanted to pick one of these up 2nd hand to do an install in a model that doesnt have it.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I see the Sport Tech comes with Sat Nav.
Does anyone know the model number / part number for this?
Just thinking if you wanted to pick one of these up 2nd hand to do an install in a model that doesnt have it.
Beleive its a RN15 ES, Simlar to the Audi A4 B7 - computer may need coding though..........................???. The only down side of this sat nav in that it only accepts half the post code much prefer Tom Tom !!!

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Ah didnt realise it wasnt Full post code.
That does suck. Better off getting an after market then that works with the steering controls.
Is the bluetooth phone kit connected to the stereo or is it seperate?

Panasonic avic-f930bt

EDITED SEAT EMAIL TO DEALERS:- re PANASONIC AVIC-F930BT:think:

Some Exeos’ Factory-fitted sat-navs will be replaced with UK-fit Pioneer units
18 May 11
SE0412-11

Exeos and Exeo Techs (saloon and ST) built between weeks 18 and 26 will not have the standard Factory-fitted satellite-navigation system because of global supply problems with some of the system’s components.

We will fit a replacement Pioneer sat-nav system to all affected vehicles to lessen the effect of these production problems on your customers.

This change is:
A free upgrade for customers who have ordered Exeo/ST S or SE models
A change to cars’ standard specification for customers who have ordered Tech models
The price of affected vehicles will not change. Please tell your customers about this specification change as soon as possible.

How to identify affected cars
We have added option code S1G to these cars in SLi so you can identify them.

Logistics
These cars will take slightly longer than usual to be processed through the UK ports because we will fit and check the Pioneer units at port.

We will block consignment of these cars when they arrive in the UK so they cannot be transferred from the ports before the units have been fitted and checked, and so that you do not lose any stocking days.

We expect these cars to arrive in the UK from 25 May onwards.

Functionality of Pioneer sat-nav system vs SEAT Media System E
The Pioneer sat-nav system has many extra functions that are not part of the SEAT Media System E. However, it doesn’t have some functions that are part of the SEAT Media System E

Functionality gained
+ Pre-installed mapping data
+ Touch screen
+ Seven-digit postcode search
+ Database of 6.1 million points of interest (POI)
+ NavGate Feeds PC application enables you to add your own POIs
+ USB connectivity
+ Bluetooth audio streaming
+ Upgraded iPod connectivity – displays album artwork, playlists, albums, artists etc*
+ Video playback (supported formats include DVD, DivX, MPEG4, H.264, WMV and JPEG)
+ Aux-in socket moved to glovebox

* Optional cable required. The accessories team is investigating availability of this item and more information will be published soon.

Functionality lost
- Slightly smaller screen
- SD card slot replaced by microSD card slot
- Aux-in socket in centre console moved to glovebox
- Changes to Factory Bluetooth system:

No voice control
Low-line dash (without dot matrix display)
Contacts can only viewed on the sat-nav screen (not in dash display)
No audio information available in dash display
Click here to learn more about this product.

Warranty
The warranty process (diagnosis and replacement) for the Pioneer unit is the same as normal audio Factory warranty process. Contact SEAT Parts Support if you need a replacement unit.

END EMAIL

mcdonald

What about the controls on the steering wheel?
Do they work with the Pioneer?
On this website it says No. Link

pioneer_avic-f930bt_1.jpg

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
This change is:
A free upgrade for customers who have ordered Exeo/ST S or SE models
Do I read that as ALL S & SE models will be fitted with a Sat Nav ?

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Free upgrade if you had spec'd the Sat Nav option.
What makes me laugh is you would have paid £1,800 for the Seat RNSE and the Pioneer is £750 not really a upgrade money wise.
I am considering a Sat Nav, but even thought the RNSE doesnt have full post code it does have better integration.
I look forward to seeing how the Pioneer really integrates.

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
I am considering a Sat Nav, but even thought the RNSE doesnt have full post code it does have better integration.
Yes, I've got the RNSE on my SE Tech. The integration with the DIS and steering wheel is very good when using the phone. Not really used the Nav function too much yet but again the integration with the DIS seems useful, you've got basic direction info in your eye-line rather than having to look down at the SatNav. The lack of full post code is a little awkward sometimes though and a touch screen would be nice...

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
I think its a close call between the two.
I will wait to see how the Pioneer integrates before making my decision.
I would hate to lose the bluetooth from the steering wheel as I am finding this a very useful feature.

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
I was reading through the list of features missing from the new unit. With the loss of phone contacts and audio info from the dash display, I assume that means the satnav direction arrows are also missing from the dash display.

Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

psimmoaz

Hi this is my first post so go easy on me.
I have an ST tech on order that falls within these dates. I really not convinced that I see it as an upgrade due to the apparent loss of integration with DIS and steering wheel controls. I agree as a standalone Sat nav the pioneer looks to be better, but as a whole package i'm not sure.
Does anyone have any idea what happens to the ipod dock in the glove box, the bulletin suggests it is an extra with pioneer. I also suspect that BOSE sound upgrade could be adversly affected by having a different head unit. The Seat/BOSE details discourage changes to any of the audio components.

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
Just off the phone with Seat Tech.
They have confirmed no information on the DIS, but steering controls will work.
I just realised I forgot to ask them how this works with BlueTooth controls if you add the unit at a later date.