Model of the Sat Nav in a Sport Tech

Amadeus

Well I had a look at both the Seat and the Pioneer GPS devices just now when I had a test drive in a sport tech.
I thought the Seat model was much easier to use (much more user friendly), but the Pioneer did the 7 digit postcode search that I crave. I mentioned to the dealer about the poor reception and they said that there was a booster that was sent out to deal with this issue and they'd ensure that it was fitted. They've acknowledged that it's a concern to me so should there be a problem, I think I'm covered.
I connected my iPhone to it using Bluetooth and after a few teething problems (entering the wrong BT code), making a phone call worked fine.

I'm going to sleep on it overnight now, but I think I'll probably go for it.

Thanks for your help all.

rgds

Amadeus

I've just picked up the car and had a little fiddle with it. When I go to the traffic section, I get told that there are no TMC providers. I spoke to Pioneer and they said that the TMC device was part of the unit in the UK but can anyone else with a Pioneer device confirm that they get traffic data?

Many thanks

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
I've just picked up the car and had a little fiddle with it. When I go to the traffic section, I get told that there are no TMC providers. I spoke to Pioneer and they said that the TMC device was part of the unit in the UK but can anyone else with a Pioneer device confirm that they get traffic data?

Many thanks

I had that issue only started to work this week was messing with the radio settings as we only had a few stations so retuned it all and turn on the radio traffic news, the sat nav traffic now works whole list of reports from all of the uk was there.

Amadeus

I had that issue only started to work this week was messing with the radio settings as we only had a few stations so retuned it all and turn on the radio traffic news, the sat nav traffic now works whole list of reports from all of the uk was there.
Ok, I'll have a good play and see what happens - I'll need to tune the radio to the channels I want anyway. Thanks mate.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Rev 7 NAVTEQ 2011

Following comments on here about the lack of full postcode I contacted NAVTEQ and they advised that ALL the data is on the disc !?! And it is the s/w on board the car that is wrong/out of data etc. I have tried the www but only found a youtube post that is worst than useless [ just shows a picturewith the full post code and no link] Is it available on other VAG Marques. ??? or are we just dreaming. ...............

Irksome

Feb 27, 2011
I looked into this and believe that unfortunately unless a group of us get together its going to never happen. The firmware in the RNS-E needs to be adapted to take advantage of the data on the DVD.

Its a bit like my HUGE desire to have a digital speed readout on the dash display. It can be done (my A3 had exactly the same display) but needs to be coded to do it.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I looked into this and believe that unfortunately unless a group of us get together its going to never happen. The firmware in the RNS-E needs to be adapted to take advantage of the data on the DVD.

Its a bit like my HUGE desire to have a digital speed readout on the dash display. It can be done (my A3 had exactly the same display) but needs to be coded to do it.
Some auto radio repairer's have said they would not deleve that deep just in case they might brick it !!

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
ok was driving today and notice the unit went into night mode in the middle of the day, thought it odd and went about the settings came up blank, then I notice the lights was on they was set to auto so turn them off and the night mode went back to day turn them back on again back to night mode.
what the hell was they thinking linking the lights to the unit like that and not on time of day like all the other units that aint built in, or am I missing something in the settings?

Madefeld

Jun 19, 2012
Pioneer and original bluetooth - AND poor radio reception

I have just bought a one year old EXEO Sport Tech Multitronic at what was a good price (I guess partly because of the Sat Nav).
I previously had a Passat with an aftermarket Kenwood system and I am getting the same issues namely poor radio reception and linked poor TMC reception. Due to the diversity aerial system on VAG I doubt this is fixable but grateful for any views?
ALSO I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand original RNS unit from eBay and having it fitted. Does anyone know if the original bluetooth WAS Installed (albeit not used as the Pioneer integrated system is in use) or will I lose bluetooth altogether?
Has anyone tried the ZENEC 3141D? It looks nice......

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
I was told the bluetooth wasn't fitted and also the red info display not colour is in mine.

Given that the non-tech cars of that build time got a free upgrade to the pioneer nav, I do wonder which parts weren't available - maybe it was part of the Bluetooth install and not the RNS-E itself ??

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
This is good to read, I am looking at getting hopefully a 2011MY car, but I have now noticed that some seem to have the proper unit and some the replacement unit, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what ages has what.

On a side note can anyone tell me exactly what the RNS-E can do? as I have never had it, but I have had hours of fun playing with my dads new A4 S line checking his oil level, and messing with other settings like how long the follow me home lights are on, how sensitive the auto wipers are, how soon the auto headlights come on, etc etc, is this the same with the seat one? or can it do very little?

and will a 2011 / or even a 2012 face lifted car have full postcode search? or will I be stuck "some where close" and thats as good as I can get?

im looking Sport Tech cars btw, so they should have the rnse as stock along with the colour dash etc

Last edited:

exeo

Apr 21, 2012
Full postcode search is only possible with the pioneer unit as us full IPod control.

Not sure about the other stuff that the RNS may do, I wouldn't of thought it can display oil level as the car still have a dip stick (dervs certainly do anyway).

There is a pattern to which car have the pioneer fitted it was roughly a 6-8 week period in June/July (the exact build weeks are in a thread on here somewhere).

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
I guess I'll keep using my stand alone sat nav then, just googled a photo of the engine bay and seen it has a dip stick so it won't be quite as advanced and integrated as my dads, it will make playing my music easier though as I have a lot of mp3s which I can just shove on a memory card.

Amadeus

Firmware update

Just noticed a firmware update which improves reception - anyone tried it?

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Hi, first time poster here. be gentle folks!

I've bought an 18 month old SE Tech Saloon with the Pioneer Head Unit, and collect the car next week.
After reading through 10 pages in this topic, I can't find an answer to my questions- Does the Pioneer unit still keep all of the BOSE functionality, does it sound the same compared to the 'normal' system?

Also, is upgrading the maps easy to do?

First post of many hopefully :)

Cheers folks!

aidy

Jul 19, 2006
pioneer satnav 2011 exeo st

hi I have just purchased the seat exeo 2011 reg with a pioneer satnav is there any way when playing a cd you can get the track name on or info of disk as it only shows playing track 1 to 20 also is there a way to get a graphic equalizer on it instead of a boring screen any help would be great many thanks
Aidy

aidy

Jul 19, 2006
hi all does anyone no were does tech badges for the exeo I have noticed on mine the chrome is peeling off due to bumps I think any help would be great many thanks
aidy

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members