Model of the Sat Nav in a Sport Tech

Simon H

just took mine into the dealers due to the unit turning off and back on again for no reason also while watching videos while parked up blank screen till i pressed the brake, the unit thought i was driving, was not, using blutooth same thing shut down, they had a good look at the unit some of the plugs had come loose and the gps plug was hanging out.

anyway all put right no bad for just driving in to report it and fixed there and then no booking in. :)

This is exactly the problem with mine - the unit keeps turning itself off and back on again - I have had it in to Seat twice and they cannot fault it - really annoying because they wont replace until they see the same problem elsewhere and at this stage nobody else apart from me has had this problem, it resets all the presets and preferecnes on sound etc.:cartman:

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
This is exactly the problem with mine - the unit keeps turning itself off and back on again - I have had it in to Seat twice and they cannot fault it - really annoying because they wont replace until they see the same problem elsewhere and at this stage nobody else apart from me has had this problem, it resets all the presets and preferecnes on sound etc.:cartman:

did it again today turned it`s self off and rebooted also 10 mins before that was in a call via blutooth and the unit lost the plot and turned off blutooth we be taking it back again, what i think it is is them wires in the glove box you pull em out and fiddle about with em and it`s tugging on the rest. We`ll see when it` goes back.

Simon H

did it again today turned it`s self off and rebooted also 10 mins before that was in a call via blutooth and the unit lost the plot and turned off blutooth we be taking it back again, what i think it is is them wires in the glove box you pull em out and fiddle about with em and it`s tugging on the rest. We`ll see when it` goes back.

Glad to know that someone else has the same problem - you need to get your Seat dealer to speak with Seat UK about this problem - I have spoken to Seat UK customer services and Pioneer UK and up until now I am the only person with the problem! Hopefully if enough people report this issue it WILL get sorted.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
they did speak to uk and pioneer last time think they fobbing you off bet we not they only ones, i know for a fact our car was fitted with the replacement unit on day one of the change at port.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
right is I right there is a soft mod for the units to turn off the no vid while driving so the passengers can watch movies, cos it`s pointless otherwise on a trip and not having a 2nd or 3rd screen, sat parked up watching it.

nickstid

newbie question

Quick question.

I've ordered a Exeo ST Sport Tech due collection in november (i'm out of the country till then) although i have already been given the chassis number. Does this now come with the RNS-E unit or the Pioneer one?

Any help would be greatly received.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
not sure anymore i seen two cars a st and saloon techs with the rns-e units in in the show room, I know them cars was not there when we ordered ours in april and we ended up with a pioneer, thing is now they found a cheaper replacement will they go back to the other and seeing they got issues with surply who can say.

RNS-E discs

Car delivered 14th July - no discs from dealer todate......lots of tooing and froing with latest issue being that the factory did not tell NavTeq that the car was built - so NavTeq wouldnt send discs......maybe this week if I'm lucky :think: SEAT UK admit it was the factories fault

Amadeus

Traffic?

Hi,

I'm looking to get a Seat Exeo and because I want a satnav that can do 7 digit postcodes, the dealer (who has been very good) has offered to install a Pioneer 930BT (replacing the SEAT model).
I know the SEAT model does traffic announcements, but I think the Pioneer requires an optional extra to do this, but looking in the Pioneer user guide and on Google, the additional part (ND-TMC10) is only available for sale in the US.
So I'm a bit confused - is it possible to get traffic data using the 930BT in the UK?

Many thanks

GeorgeMog

Jul 5, 2011
If the dealer takes the Pioneer F930BT unit from another Exeo then it should have the TMC-10 unit. I know that after checking through the wiring I found this strange box that turned out to be the TMC unit. I haven't tried this functionality so can not say for definite whether it works or not.

Personally I wouldn't touch the Pioneer unit. Whilst the SATNAV can be quite good, the radio reception is very poor when connected to the Exeo internal antenna system and it crashes randomly.

Amadeus

Thanks for the quick reply George. Good to know that it can do traffic.
I've read through this thread and various other ones on the internet - some people seem happy with their Pioneer units, and some like yourself seem unhappy with them for the reasons you cite (very valid reasons!). I'm assuming that some models are afflicted, some not.

The problem I have is that I love the Exeo but the only seats I find comfortable are those in the Sport Tech. I wouldn't normally want GPS in a car, but if it has GPS, I'd want 7 digit postcodes (it seems amazing to me that the majority of GPS units built into cars don't do it!) else it'd annoy the hell out of me.
It's interesting that tho my dealer has been great, the reaction from SEAT UK hasn't been very good. it certainly does leave me concerned.

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
well i can say not seen the tmc work in ours been in a few jams too on route, then again its our and we having alsorts of issues with it even the blutooth to ipod or iphone stopped working when we updated them with it.

gcott

May 21, 2011
Hertfordshire
My Exeo ST Sport came with the Pioneer F930BT as a free ungrade from the standard radio. It does not have the Bose speaker system but the standard Seat speakers.

I have had no problems with my unit and have to say at the moment I am more than pleased with the set up.

Lets give it a quick review from my observations.

The Sat Nav fetures are very good. Not had any faults with it and yes it does do traffic through a TMC Broadcaster. The TMC receiver must be somewhere under the dash as it is not visible.

Handsfree phone is excellent. I use an iPhone 4 and it works as it should. No problems setting it up and has always connected within a few seconds of the car starting. Call quality is very clear.

Ipod connectivity is also spot on. I have an 8GB iPod connected which stays in the glovebox. Album art and all track info is displayed. Sound quality is very good, after tweaking the equaliser and loudness settings.

Overall I must say I'm very impressed with the system,

I also have an 8GB microSD card in the slot and that also works as it should. Track details are all displayed but no album art.

Radio is ok and yes some stations can be a bit fuzzy, but local stations are good and strong.

Amadeus

Thanks guys.
I guess I should have a go in the car (unfortunately the GPS will be swapped if I decide to buy the car but I can raise my concerns so it is noted) and hope that my unit works like gcott's as opposed to Wilde's!

On a slight tangent, when we go to France, we listen to CDs (tho I could use my iPhone 4), so not being able to do that when using the GPS would be an inconvenience. Would it be possible to put a CD changer in with the Pioneer so that I could always leave the satnav CD in and still listen to music from CD?

Much appreciate the info.

rgds

Wildie

Jun 29, 2011
yep you can listed to cd`s and use the nav unit least that works as it should. while i think about it i think take the unit out to check the wires again they tend to pull out, could be me tugging them in the glove box as the satnav part did come loose few weeks back and refused to play movies claiming i was moving.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.