Model Year 2016 (MY16)

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
So model year 2016 is fast approaching and some details are becoming shared none of this has a confirmed source so take the info at face value please. I've pulled the below info from a Dutch market release so may not be relevant for UK spec cars.

For those less sure model years are typically from week 22. This is cars built - not ordered. From the Dutch info it looks like factory build ordered from 22nd April will be MY16

All the info I have found is is dutch market reated, so no guarentee it will be UK spec.

1.0 TSI (115PS) added to the model range which will replace the 1.2.
1.4 TSI and 1.6 TDI added to the Xperience line up in FWD
6.5inch Nav is replacing (standard Cupra) the current 5.8. Note this isn't the Navi high unit, its the screen upgrade minus the hard drive.
Rear centre armrest added (standard Cupra) to options.
Mirror link and Apple Carplay availability added across range.
Reversing camera option in one of the packs - not sure if this is a dealer retro thing or factory fit

Last edited:

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
I wonder if the 6.5" screen is only when selecting the Nav, or would it come with the Media System Plus as well?
From the looks of it, that is the only difference I would have related to my FR 1.4 TSI ACT ST model on order, as I selected te Media System Plus. Would have been nice to have a bigger screen. But that's technology for ya - every next year there's something bigger and better for the same price.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Apple CarPlay... :-/
Bigger Screen... :-/

*mutters*

It's annoying this stuff can't be retrofitted, especially the entertainment stuff, technology moves faster than most change cars. Years ago I replaced my Ibiza's tape player with a minidisc player, it was as simple as unplugging the old one and plugging the new one in, now you have to buy a new car!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

*mutters*

It's annoying this stuff can't be retrofitted, especially the entertainment stuff, technology moves faster than most change cars. Years ago I replaced my Ibiza's tape player with a minidisc player, it was as simple as unplugging the old one and plugging the new one in, now you have to buy a new car!

I would hope that "mirror link" and "Apple carplay" could be sorted by a firmware update.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Considering I can't even have a firmware update to enable/fix the passenger wing mirror dipping, I doubt you'll see anything more than bug fixes on previous models.

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
It's all getting a bit confusing.

Last year, SEAT announced that it had joined the Open Automotive Alliance and was working on integrating Android phones and tablets with its cars. Then at last month's Geneva motor show it announced a tie-up with Samsung "to provide total connectivity across SEAT's range of models". And now we discover that the MY16 models will support Apple Carplay!

Are they just hedging their bets? Or are they planning to support all of the above?

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford

*mutters*

I'm just hoping that there will be some sort of aftermarket plug and play solution eventually that will enable us to have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. As far as I know, there is a video input into the media system, so theoretically I reckon it might be a possibility.

For me, the only 2 things which I'd really like in future are a higher resolution screen and Android Auto. If I can get Android Auto on the existing screen, that will keep me happy for the next 2 years until change my car.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I couldn't care less about any of the above, I just enjoy driving mine!

AND the driving pleasure is even more enhanced with the phone switched off, so I can't be disturbed............ :D

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
... and what happens if you order a 1.2 engine and find that you're getting a 1.0 engine (although slightly more powerful) instead?

Look in the small print of the agreement you signed.

They reserve the right to change the specification of the car as and when they see fit.

This is why some people find less standard kit on their car than they ordered - occasionally they may get more / different kit than they ordered.
( A good example of this was the guys who found out the rear speakers on the MK5 Ibiza had been removed and would only be included if you paid for the option )

I would guess if there was a major change like an engine size - you would be offered the chance to try the new one before continuing with the order.

Last edited:

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
Can't say I've heard of the VAG group having a 1.0tsi engine ever

Yeah, there is a 1.0tsi ea211 engine already in use in the Up! City car but it only has 60hp currently, and I remember seeing something about an updated three cylinder version being under development a while ago. As well as a new 10speed dsg to replace both the 6and7 spd versions used at the moment...

No thanks VAG! On both counts ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.