Model Year 2016 (MY16)

mjscall

Jun 16, 2015
Picked it up this afternoon and I'm very pleased with it

the screen isn't that much bigger but the interface has been updated and is much prettier now and (for me at least) a lot more responsive

other than the screen and usb placement I'm not sure what else is meant to be new but if anyone wants to know anything ask away and I'll do my best to answer

I'll check out the SD card situation when I pop out in a few mins and I'll let you know

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006

the screen isn't that much bigger but the interface has been updated and is much prettier now and (for me at least) a lot more responsive

other than the screen and usb placement I'm not sure what else is meant to be new but if anyone wants to know anything ask away and I'll do my best to answer

I'll check out the SD card situation when I pop out in a few mins and I'll let you know

Sweet! Have you looked at the sports interface with the 3 gauges?

mjscall

Jun 16, 2015
Sweet! Have you looked at the sports interface with the 3 gauges?

yep only briefly on the way home, all 3 were set to G force so it wasn't that interesting :)

The lap timer might get some use though haha

I need to have a good play with it and get into all the menus, I was in a bit of a rush to get home after work before, but going round to show my Dad in a little bit and he's sure to get into ALL of the options :)

anxion

Oct 29, 2013
yep only briefly on the way home, all 3 were set to G force so it wasn't that interesting :)

The lap timer might get some use though haha

I need to have a good play with it and get into all the menus, I was in a bit of a rush to get home after work before, but going round to show my Dad in a little bit and he's sure to get into ALL of the options :)

Is your Cupra SC, 5d or ST? If SC or 5d, does it have rear armrest? What interior did you go for?

mjscall

Jun 16, 2015
Is your Cupra SC, 5d or ST? If SC or 5d, does it have rear armrest? What interior did you go for?

It's the Cupra SC and it's got the same armrest as in the FR so it slides back and forward just got the standard interior

edit: just noticed that you said rear armrest, I've no idea to be honest not been in the back yet :)

There are definitely 2 SD card slots on the in car unit, again it's exactly the same as the one from my 63 plate FR

Got my sport dials set up now and it's quite cool, a bit of a gimmick but still a nice addition i suppose

Last edited:

Xizor

Sep 22, 2002
Oxfordshire
Visit site

Any chance of some photos of the new screen, please?

mjscall

Jun 16, 2015
I'm interested to know what the options are to set them to display please?

you can have engine output, water temp, oil temp, g force and turbo pressure I think that's all of them

you can just flick them up/down on the fly to change them so no need to go into menus etc

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Wonder if there will be a "facelift" any time soon

Sent from my LG G Flex2

Not if MY2016 has just rolled out... VAG cars tend to be 5-7 year cycle
Ibiza is next year me thinks.

Wasn't there some spy shots recently of a mk3 Leon being road tested, heavily disguised with lights on the roof etc, is that not the mk3 having a mid life face lift/update ?
If not why would they go to such lengths to disguise a mk3 so heavily?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

W444AJD

Oct 6, 2015
Does anyone know if/when the 1.0 TSI engine will come to UK in a Leon? I am looking at ordering a 1.2 TSI very soon, but the little 3 cylinder 1.0 has more power and torques so would seem a better bet!

Green Mamba

Feb 22, 2008
Warwickshire
Apple CarPlay... :-/
Bigger Screen... :-/

*mutters*

It's annoying this stuff can't be retrofitted, especially the entertainment stuff, technology moves faster than most change cars. Years ago I replaced my Ibiza's tape player with a minidisc player, it was as simple as unplugging the old one and plugging the new one in, now you have to buy a new car!

Indeed, I'm quite keen on keeping my 53 plate for some time to come.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I got a space saver spare wheel on my Cupra. Didn't spec the option so assume its now standard? Checked the build work instruction codes on the label and defiantly on there so not a mistake of any sort.

Was surprised!

Edit - also my mirrors fold down on car unlock now rather than ignition. Was this the way with MY14/15?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.