1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

modules measuring blocks and adaptations

Discussion in 'VAG-COM & Diagnostics' started by davidhunter, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Theresias

Theresias Full Member

2. mwragg

mwragg Guest

Hi there

Just looking through the forum and saw that you are a SEAT Technician. I recently got a 2004/54 Ibiza Cupra TDI 160 and wish to disable the EGR. Have tried disconnecting the vacuum hose to the EGR vacuum unit and plugging it, however, this seems to stop the anti-shudder valve working and lets the engine run on slightly as you switch off the ignition. I also tried diconnecting the EGR vacuum unit black plastic rod from the EGR valve spindle (and cable tieing the spindle in the closed position), but, again the anti-shudder valve did not work.

Anyway, I have seen alot of talk on the forum about turning off/down the EGR by using VAG-COM and changing the adaption value, however, I fail to see how this would have any effect when the EGR is controlled by part-throttle inlet vacuum (unless the black box near the EGR with all the hoses running in/out of it some how manipulates the vacuum to control how much the EGR opens).

Please can you help?

3. james.l

james.l GT3071r LCR

bringing up an old thread here, but where is the word doc?

4. Theresias

Theresias Full Member

Which word document?

5. james.l

james.l GT3071r LCR

the one mentioned on post #1?

6. Theresias

Theresias Full Member

Oh, going back 5 years... :) As mentioned in the answers, I suggest you look into the links which have been provided here. In addition I would guess that all current versions of VCDS already come with extensive meas. block and adaptation descriptions.

7. james.l

james.l GT3071r LCR

8. Theresias

Theresias Full Member

The info in the document is slightly old and way too generic to be accurate. Some of it may work for you but some sure won't. Besides, the same info can be found in the links already posted in this thread.

9. Mak_unioms

Mak_unioms Guest

Hi All Just going to start the modules in a few months...but I have a mac an old one too...ibook, still running tiger OS. Will I be able to do modules on a macintosh computer, or would I be better off using my windows at work/dual booting my mac?

Thanks

10. Theresias

Theresias Full Member

Since VCDS does not run natively under MacOS, your best bet would indeed be BootCamp.