Mondello Park

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yup, JP hs put in a cracking time, a 1.45.433 (74.32mph) avg

That actually has broken the lap record for Mondello, set by Muller in 2003 which was 1m45.651s (74.14mph)

But not sure if it counts in free practice, if he can replicate it in qualifying in a few hours, then the lap record should go to him and SEAT ;)

Neal and Shedden put in final flying laps, so they are definately a threat.

Looks like VX havn't found the sweet spot, but i wouldn't bet against them having a better qualifying session, especially Smith.

Last edited:

flashbsd

i was a bit annoyed with plato at brands, he wouldnt sign alex's hat "im so hot right now".

He just gave me evils when i asked :D

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yup, good session, Thommo must of had an issue, maybe got collected in the red flag incidents, Giovanadi or Bell, going on their laps.

Looking forward to it now, full Mondello races all day live on Motors TV (ch413 sky) plus support races tomorrow from 10am, first BTCC race from 10.45am

On ITV1 at 3.15pm tomorrow afternoon, race 1 & 2 delayed highlights, then race 3 live.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thommo just got held up with the red flag incidents, so didnt get clear runs, early on in the session. Just got that from a reliable source ;)

With any luck with might get that 1-2 tomorrow. ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just analysing the sector times, and speed traps, and the Leon's consistancy shines through, even though its nowhere near the fastest car.

In fact the fastest cars thru the speed traps were Matt Neal's and Gordon Sheddens TD Honda's, and the VX Astra's follow them closely, the Leon's don't appear until midfield. Over 1mph slower through the traps than the, Hondas, also being beaten by indy driver Mike Jordan's, the Astras are 0.5mph up on the SEAT's, and the MG RAC's are around the same kind of speeds through the sectors.

As id just read on another forum, only a few mins into qualifying, that some whiners thought the SEAT's were too light and needed weight adding, i think this kind of shows that the Leons are slower cars.

But the consistancy of the car thru the twisties, means it makes up the time it loses on the straights, but those Honda's are still a threat, as qualifying has clearly shown.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.