monthly price for pcp

nathuklancs

Hi,

Looking for a 36month pcp. New Leon 3dr 1.4 tech pack FR. Standard colour. 6k per year mileage, also settling my old cupra finance

Been quoted £265.55 per month with a GFV £9225.

Full tank fuel/ private reg changed/ 2 years free servicing.

Who else is on a pcp and similar mileage, and what monthly price did they get bearing in mind back end of 2013 I think they had much better deals on.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Last edited by a moderator:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hey Nath, as I don't know how much finance was left on your cupra..... to give you an idea. With £5700 trade in for my fiesta. I've got a New Leon FR 2.0 184 diesel, acantara seats, upgraded 18"wheels, free tech pack, winter pack and convenience pack along with an annual mileage of 18,000 miles for £240 per month. No idea if that was a good deal or not, but I was happy with the monthly payments so at least this gives you an idea of someone else's PCP :)

nathuklancs

Cheers for that,

Was that £5700 taken off the price of your new car though?

they have offered to pay my finance off so theres no extra deposit to go down on the car.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Yeh that was £5,700 taken off the price of my new car and also a £1500 deposit contribution! (make sure you get that and the low interest rate) The thing that sent my payments so high were the 18,000 miles a year lol

nathuklancs

What what the price of the car minus your deposit then? As your car will be more expensive then mine stnadard.

then i can perhaps work out if mine is a good deal.

i got the £1000 contribution which i standard and i think the 4.9% which is standard.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Yeh the contribution and the 4.9% is standard apart from my dealer trying to get me to sign up to 6.4% until I caught him out on it lol Just realised ive got all my documents still at work....it was £15,750!

nathuklancs

Youve probably got a good deal compared to mine especially as the mileage is so high for you. aslong as its over 36months.

thanks for the info though!

Anyone else?? possibly on the same car?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Yeh it was over 36months. No problem :) Quite a few people on here have used stuff like drive the deal and various other things where you might be able to get a better deal. Also, depending on where you live, someone might recommend a good garage.

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
has anyone else got any examples of what they are paying on their pcp.

I have a ibiza fr for 18 months and looking at trading up. Recone i owe about £8k on it but could get 7.5k , which would give me about £500 for deposit.
I pay £246 at the minute but can go up a fair bit on my monthly payment means i have such a little deposit.

Seanm

Jan 21, 2014
Glasgow
Hi i jost got my leon last week on pcp. I had to add £1000 from my previous car finance so in total i got £13000 on pcp and am paying £233 for 4 year with 5000 option fee. The leon is 10 month old without any options. Hope this helps

JohnNW

For a Leon FR184 Hatch with tech pack, alcantara, winter pack, convenience pack, LED, sound upgrade, spare wheel and metallic, I've been quoted 292/mth over 36 months with a £3K deposit and 12k miles / year. End payment is 10350 and car price is a shade over £21.8K.

If you know what the car you want is going to cost and have an idea of GFV, then try pcpcal.co.uk and you can play around with deposits to see what the monthly cost will be.

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
tar that is just what i needed!
now i just had to decide what car i want.
Pick between - fiesta st, 208 gti
or then leon or a megane . cant decide if i go smaller faster or bigger and nicer!

Last edited:

steve67

Factory order-red FR 1.4 upgrade alloys, and auto lights and wipers.
pcp
1k deposit
8K miles
x36
£237
gfv 9800
from two dealers:p

good deal but not going for it as MRS doesn't like the car.....:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Factory order-red FR 1.4 upgrade alloys, and auto lights and wipers.
pcp
1k deposit
8K miles
x36
£237
gfv 9800
from two dealers:p

good deal but not going for it as MRS doesn't like the car.....:cry:

I had that issue until I showed her how much I would save over my BM!

steve67

I had that issue until I showed her how much I would save over my BM!

unfortunately, the FR will cost more than our current car,
the heals are dug in and it either the FR and divorce, or another brand.

I've tried but my wife drives the car more than me.
We have discussed the matter that many times , at the moment we are looking at city cars, i only drive the car 2-3 times a month, so she who must be obeyed has the final say....don't they all?
I get to change my company vehicle soon so i will be happy. i get a new transit van..:)

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
Mines just over 300 for a 2l TDI 150 FR tech pack, seat sound, IIRC £500 deposit + £1000 dealer contrib on a pre-reg. Thats on a 24k contract.

robo6

Oct 14, 2013
Durham
Does anybody know how the interest is calculated on pcp deals? I.e. is the whole amount financed used to work out interest or just price minus deposit minus gfv? I'm a little worried I'm paying too much over the 36 month period....

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
i woudlnt worry wht you pay a month robo, more importantly its what interest you are paying!

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Does anybody know how the interest is calculated on pcp deals? I.e. is the whole amount financed used to work out interest or just price minus deposit minus gfv? I'm a little worried I'm paying too much over the 36 month period....

Yes, in PCP, you pay interest on the whole amount you finance, so that includes the GFV. So if the car is £20k and you pay a £5k deposit and there is a £8k GFV, you will be charged interest on £15k. As you are borrowing the £8k from the finance company as well, you are charged to borrow it. If they were lending you £8k interest free, the numbers would look a LOT more attractive.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.