more power out of ibiza mk5

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
hello i recently bought a mk5 ibiza in track gret tdi 1.6 i was looking into a remap which would take my car from 105ps to about 135ps which would nearly be the same as a 2.0tdi but dont want to fork out 400 pound as of yetis there anything i can do little thing i can change or things i can buy that might help my mk5 be a little bit quicker/faster and maybe help my mpg hope people can help

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Id say remap is pros the best bet. People have bought tuning boxes and they were happy with them but still couple hundred to buy.
As for your.mpg, its hit and miss with the 1.6tdi whether you get good or bad mpg

Aug 3, 2011
Short of removing weightI'd say remap is the only practical and best mod for power. Air filters/exhaust wont do anything for them.

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
thank you for your ideas guys.if it comes to it ill just settle with remap cause my engine warranty runs out january lol would i notice the power difference whe i put my foot down

Aug 3, 2011
Mines gone from 187-211, thats *only* 24bhp. But thats peak power. Its through the rest of the rev range as well as the peak outputs that will put a smile on your face!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.