Mo's Mk1 Leon Cupra - THE END....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Update! well all's sorted now, thought i might aswell update my readers ride thread......

After booking the car in with Vince @ Stealth Racing in Coventry, 10 minuets on the rollers, being logged by VCDS live, he instantly found the fault...... wait for it........

I HAD PUT THE HOSES CONNECTED TO THE N75 VAVLE THE WRONG WAY AROUND!!!!!!! :whistle:

I'm surprised no one spotted this on the forum after countless threads and detailed pictures anyway, impressed with Vince's work, I opted for a Stage 2 remap, I had a choice of Revo Stage 2 or Vince's custom Stage 2, I opted for the custom

After 8+ runs the car made 227.4 Bhp and 244 lb ft of torque:

Click on the image below for the video

Final graph, at one point it made 229.7Bhp but torque was low:

18-04-2011053704PM.jpg

Vince states the car has potential for me, just need to fine tune certain aspects but i'm a happy chappy

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
My new boost gauge to match the new dials, well this one would match any coloured dials:

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0076-1.jpg

IMAG0072-1.jpg

I love it, it's awesome, pictures don't do it justice

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Milltek system i'm not too happy about, rattles a bit and it's not very sporty sounding, a bit dull:

3" Downpipe:

IMAG0213.jpg

2.5" Pure De-Cat:

IMAG0210.jpg

2.5" Milltek Non-Res:

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

Thinking of changing the backbox, which seem's to be the main problem with milltek's noise, going for something like this:

1d6cf4fc3f35c5a9aa0f.jpg

oldskool

nice progress bro, wonder what it would look like lowered 50mm on some bbs LMs with a black centre and polished dish.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
nice progress bro, wonder what it would look like lowered 50mm on some bbs LMs with a black centre and polished dish.

Thanks bro

The drop is coming!, I actually like these alloys, no one else has got them on a mk1 LC, I'm going to put bigger profile tyres on them and drop the car 60-70mm via coilovers

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Got my side skirts painted, just haven't got a clue on how to go about fitting them, loads of options but i'm being hesitant:

IMAG0100-1.jpg

Got my front and rear strut braces, had them for ages, just the IC pipes come in the way going to think of something:

IMAG0113-1.jpg

Tbh I've had these item's for ages just ain't fitted them

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Unbranded, It use to look like this before I anal'd it:

VW-Mk-4-18-turbo-exhaust.jpg

Was designed for a mk4 golf, then I probed it in to this:

IMAG0136.jpg

Extended tips to accommodate fitting on a LC, then I got bored of the sound and turned it in to this:

IMAG0875.jpg

But that wasn't good enough so I got rid of the chamber and turned it in to this pure straight pipe!:

IMAG0783.jpg

That was hideously tooo loud with a drone sounding like a jet, so I tamed it back to this:

IMAG1264.jpg

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Not many of us modified mk1 Leon Cupra owners left on this site, use to be loads when I first joined, glad to see i'm representing the mk1 LC modded scene, Kinetics, Greesha ..... they were some good LC's

Got some coilovers coming soon, looking for a 60/70mm drop also looking at some different turbo options

No rubbish dora the bull sh1t explorer alloy wheels only thread with thousands of pointless updates just for some rims here

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Just managed to take some snaps of my Catch Can set-up, think i'm the first to mount it this way, the reason was I was VERY limited with space due to the intercooler piping and Air filter, but I think i've done a great job, needs a little more tidying, which I will do once my hand get's better:

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cheers mate, definately something I'm interested in. Hoses in my bay are red so pretty much rules out getting a Jetex as it wouldnt match. I'm running a K&N at the minute, just trying to gauge if theres gains to be made by swaping it for an apexi.

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Cheers mate, definately something I'm interested in. Hoses in my bay are red so pretty much rules out getting a Jetex as it wouldnt match. I'm running a K&N at the minute, just trying to gauge if theres gains to be made by swaping it for an apexi.

Go for it mate, these filters are commonly used on 400+ bhp jap car's, proven time and time again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.