Not open for further replies.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Got my JOM Coilovers from DPM Performance, came quickly:

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

Now all I need is stupidly over-sized alloys with stretch so I too can make a pointless thread with millions of replies about 'dub' and 'stance' ....... not

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
when do you get the stiches out mo ? and will you be fitting them yourself one your arm as healed ?

Stitches are out Pete

I'm pondering whether to fit them myself but my hand won't permit any powerful movements for about a year! so don't want to risk ripping the stitches on the tendon

How much did you pay to get yours fitted?

seatcupramad23

kc4even23
Sep 7, 2009
birmingham
£130 with new top mounts , regret paying that in the end , john was gonna do it for £120 geometry alignment and balancing weights , guy that done mine in tipton quoted me £80 and then said after it was a bigger job than he taught but it wasn't

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
£130 with new top mounts , regret paying that in the end , john was gonna do it for £120 geometry alignment and balancing weights , guy that done mine in tipton quoted me £80 and then said after it was a bigger job than he taught but it wasn't

That's a bit steep

I might ask my mechanic mate to do it, his currently very busy opening up a new garage

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Ouch man! Sounded painful, hope you're well on the way to recover. Hurry up and get those coilies on, looking forward to seeing what stance it'll have! :D

Looking good altogether though mate, really coming on. :)

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Ouch man! Sounded painful, hope you're well on the way to recover. Hurry up and get those coilies on, looking forward to seeing what stance it'll have! :D

Looking good altogether though mate, really coming on. :)

Thanks mate, cast came off today, still a long way to go, physio etc

I'm thinking of ordering some spacers while I'm at it, I know I'll end up buying some eventually might aswell do it all together.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Basically that fat black box is a 'thinner' version... :) just makes it a bit easier to locate in your engine bay. :) 'Ballast' is effectively a transformer to up the 12Vdc of your car battery to the voltage needed for your HID's. :)

Glad you're all healing up well, you'll be back to full fitness in no time! :D

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Basically that fat black box is a 'thinner' version... :) just makes it a bit easier to locate in your engine bay. :) 'Ballast' is effectively a transformer to up the 12Vdc of your car battery to the voltage needed for your HID's. :)

Glad you're all healing up well, you'll be back to full fitness in no time! :D

Ah! well that's a good thing then, i'm already well short of engine bay space!

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Christ mate that looked sore!! Hopefully you'll get the strength back in no time. Let us know how you get on with the coilovers be interestign to know what the rides like! Always good getting the littluns started off at an early age.lol. Might need a nice Recaro booster seat though!:)

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Christ mate that looked sore!! Hopefully you'll get the strength back in no time. Let us know how you get on with the coilovers be interestign to know what the rides like! Always good getting the littluns started off at an early age.lol. Might need a nice Recaro booster seat though!:)

I know it's cringe worthy, the cast is off now, thumb feels sore and twitchy, really irritating feeling, the surgeon said it will take a full year to gain 80/90% movement back, within that time I just have to be careful :joystick:

Hi mate, I've not fitted the JOM's yet but have been in 2 Mk4 Golf's with them on and 1 Leon Cupra, and I must say I was impressed, improved handling, much better stance / drop and ride was not at all harsh as springs. :thumbup:

Wife is constantly wishing he doesn't turn out like me with regards to my passion for car's :whistle:

I've seen somwhere you can buy a 'SEAT' seat! looks kinda cool too.

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
Update!

As you all may well be aware of my undivided love to the Milltek system, OUT! with the old:

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

And here's my new custom back-box:

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

6x4 Oval, sounds the nuts! Pops...... Bangs...... it's AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool:

Props to the folk @ Torqueflow, alway's legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.