Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Most Hideous / Embarassing Courtesy Cars

Discussion in 'SEAT UK Dealer Network' started by Speed-FReek, Apr 1, 2015.

1. ZiggyEP3

ZiggyEP3 Full Member

When having work done on my modified Calibra V6 the Vauxhall dealer gave me a Volvo 240 base model with low tread. You can guess steering was having a little understeer lol.

2. martin j.

martin j. Full Member

Our demo/loan/courtesy cars are pretty subtlely stickered, but of course if the customers don't like it the choice is to walk, we only expect the car to return with a full tank the same as the customer gets it, they are courtesy cars not a right, some customers complain because we only wash the cars in for work not valet the insides too, it doesn't matter what you do, some folk just expect more.

3. '& Son' managed

'& Son' managed Third Party

No pics as it was yonks ago, but my then basic runaround Daihatsu Cuore went into a local insurance approved
    bodyshop - for a whole week as it turned out, (as they botched the first attempt at a 2-day repair and I rejected it)

'Can you drive an automatic OK?' said the perky but slightly dim girl on reception, 'Sure - whatever, no problem' said I.

'Oh that's good, in that case I have a little upgrade I can let you have!' She lied, (albeit unwittingly) on both counts.

The gutless Citroen C3 she proudly showed me was neither a proper automatic, (rather one of PSA's awful 4-speed
    clutchless manuals) nor in any sense apart from the not needed extra interior space an 'upgrade'.

4. Pew.

Pew. Senior Member

All Vauxhall's.

Had a variety of courtesy cars as well as rentals (through work for travel) and I have to say. They are all crap and the interiors are awful.

Renault capture. Probably the worst thing I have ever drove. Everything inside is scabby plastic, road and wind noise is horrible and their user interface is pathetic

5. IrnBru

IrnBru Senior Member

Well our 3 week old Seat Leon FR ST goes to get repaired on Monday to fix some scratches and dents cause by a reversing lorry, this is quite the opposite from a most embarrassing courtesy car, its a 2 litre diesel 168bhp insignia SRI VX line estate, it is absolutely huge, 20 inch machined alloys, it must have every option ticked, keyless, Lane assist, revseing camera etc etc etc, also seems to have some side skirts as well. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Blowski

Blowski Cupra 280 DSG

Not quite a courtesy car but I have a trick at work when ordering hire cars... order a grade D car (Astra, Focus, Leon etc) with an auto box. So few of them around at the likes of Enterprise, Hertz etc that its only let me down once where I had to drive a 1.4 Astra back from Liverpool airport to Dover. It was a shocking 6 hours of my life.

Worked a treat when I ended up with a Volvo V70 SE Lux for a couple of days though. Dover to Hull then to Liverpool in a day without so much as touch of back ache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. '& Son' managed

'& Son' managed Third Party

Still embarrassing no matter how many toys it has - it's a diesel and more to the point a Vauxhall!

Rooster likes this.
  8. niallain

niallain Full Member

I must say that the new Insignia estates look gorgeous.
    Not too keen on the saloon with the rear wiper looking stupid, but I've started seeing a lot of them around lately and they look amazing. Probably dogshit to drive though as it's a Vauxhall :lol:

9. X3RN

X3RN Senior Member

When my old Leon was in for some paint repairs (lacquer peel and a key reprogram) I was given a Toyota Avensis. Possibly the worst car I have driven. It was horrible. I wish I had gotten some pictures of how hideous it was. They gave me no proof it was insured, Taxed or even MOT'd! Fair to say I used it once and then left it on the drive before taking it back to the garage and getting my Leon back!

10. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Got a BMW 330E (hybrid petrol / electric) while my 3.4 Aspirated Porsche is in for warranty work.

on the book 25 miles range electric driving, in reality 9 miles. Can't even do my daily 12 mile commute with it.

Peller likes this.
  11. Peller

Peller Full Member

I had a lovely 'peach' coloured Fiat 500 whilst my Ateca was in for work.

I felt a little inadequate driving that, it got to the point I had to take a work Berlingo to stop the ripping I got!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk