Most miles to a Mk4 tank ?

Fen

Gotta check my tracking..
Oct 21, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
I got 600 once - all my drving was motorway and it was Revo'd.

You TDI guys getting 400 or less, you are venting when you fill aren't you? You get about 25% less fuel in if you don't.

Bo

Fen said:
I got 600 once - all my drving was motorway and it was Revo'd.

You TDI guys getting 400 or less, you are venting when you fill aren't you? You get about 25% less fuel in if you don't.

Fen, could you tell me what venting is? I'm a novice with stuff like this. Thanks

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Can I tactfully suggest you do a search on "venting", it's been discussed a-plenty before :)

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I vent and only get around 350 at best. That is london driving, although i am halfway through a tank driving like a granny. I reckon i'll get 420-430. cant wait to floor it..... im sure people you'll be able to see the soot cloud from space!!!! :D

Chri5B

Scraping my undertray...
Oct 7, 2002
Staffs
www.cxi.org.uk
sssstew said:
yep they do, they tend to stabalise after about 40k or so, keeping the best mpg till high into the mileage 200k or so. With only 8.5k on yours its still tight, you will notice a difference after 10k and then 20 and so on.

Indeed, I'm just shy of 58k and 55 to 60mpg is easily attained out of town.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I think getting 400 miles is now out of the window... Just had to go out and give it a little blast.... lots of soot, and lots of smiles... 30 miles covered and 29 mpg :(. I think im gona fall just short of 400 now :(

No self control!!!

NEG

638! Not as good as Muddy! :( Included some 'spirited' driving and 300 odd motorway miles........must try harder ;)

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
392.4 miles before i had to top up. Its sooooooo boring driving like a granny... This tankfull test is to see whats the worst MPG i can get :D

MattW

the maximum i seem to get is 330 miles to a tank, only once though: when i was running it in. My usual is about 290-310miles before a fill up.

That's mixed driving, 50% of the time in traffic, 50% of the time 70-90 on the motorway.

I've got a 1.4 sport, i also fill up when the petrol light comes on if that makes any difference. I did expect about 350 to a tank but that seems impossible, i rarely rev it hard, it's probably the traffic that kills my MPG's

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
iancupra said:
That beep scared the life out of me, I thought I had broke something
:D

Won't be long now before you're getting the outside temp warning scaring you too :)

NEG

Oh yes, I remember that one, 4.5deg OK then 4...beeeeeeeeep....what the!!! Temp goes back up to 4.5deg then drops again............beeeeeep.....what the!!! Hour or endless amusment :doh: :D :blink: :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
MattW i prob get a few more miles in my tank 1.4 Se (04) its done around 12000 miles tho this time its gonne be around the 260 i think! lol mine dont stop revvin tho changeing around 3-4000 revs, most the time its over takin & me droppin it down to 3rd and flooring it! so much fun :D

NEG

This is killing me!

505miles done, 200 left in the tank according to the computer, am I going to do it or fail miserably........... :D Hit a 70MPG average from home to work today ;) [B)]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise