Most miles to a Mk4 tank ?

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
i am lucky if i get 300 mile to a tank. what way are you driving. it had to get new tyres at front after 6000 miles from new didnt even do a burnout on them any tips for getting silly miles out of the tank all so goin to bit the bullet and get it revo d

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
NEG said:
This is killing me!

505miles done, 200 left in the tank according to the computer, am I going to do it or fail miserably........... :D Hit a 70MPG average from home to work today ;) [B)]
Sounds like you're doing well, I find the estimated range starts to drop quickly towards then end tho...

NEG

70.3MPG actually :funk:

6000 miles for a set of front tyres! Yikes!

I've done 23K so far, loads more tread left........ :shrug:

You have to drive like a Nun and have a diesel! ;)

To be fair I do a lot of motorway miles and if you stick to the speed limits I am seeing 70-90 instant MPG read out on the old computer. Some good MPG speeds are 40MPH in 4th, 50-55MPH in 5th and 75MPH in 6th.

Car is already Revo'd and boy am I gonna enjoy making some smoke after this! :cartman:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
NEG said:
Car is already Revo'd and boy am I gonna enjoy making some smoke after this!

Oh yes :yes: Just make sure you wait until a deserving victim is behind :)

superkully

Jul 1, 2004
My little 1.2 pretty much always does between 390-410 miles per tank...

Doesn't matter whether I'm on the Motorway, driving to work, stuck in town....

Air-conditioning doesn't dent it by more than 10-20 miles per tank either.

turkish

Mar 14, 2003
Kent
Visit site
I have a 52 Plate TDI Sport - I have owned it for 2 months, it has 60,000 on the clock and I cant ever get more then 350 Miles to a tank on combined driving "not that I drive with a light foot" and 400 to a tank on a recent Motorway trip to France at a constant 85-90.

Is there any diference in fuel tank sizes from early TDI 130's to later models. Mine will never take more then £32-£34 worth of Diesel at 96.9p.

Trip computer on 2 which I reset after every fill up, Is always on about 45 mpg when I come to re-fill.

Is this normal ? Cause all you other Diesel owners getting 600 + Miles is making me concerned.

Car is standard bar, Cupra Intake kit, and Green Panel Filter and soon to be Jabba Re-map.

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
turkish said:
I have a 52 Plate TDI Sport - I have owned it for 2 months, it has 60,000 on the clock and I cant ever get more then 350 Miles to a tank on combined driving "not that I drive with a light foot" and 400 to a tank on a recent Motorway trip to France at a constant 85-90.

Is there any diference in fuel tank sizes from early TDI 130's to later models. Mine will never take more then £32-£34 worth of Diesel at 96.9p.

Trip computer on 2 which I reset after every fill up, Is always on about 45 mpg when I come to re-fill.

Is this normal ? Cause all you other Diesel owners getting 600 + Miles is making me concerned.

Car is standard bar, Cupra Intake kit, and Green Panel Filter and soon to be Jabba Re-map.
Try venting when you fill up, you'll get another 10 litres in then. If you're unsure of venting use the search button ;)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Aye, and getting 600+ miles to a tank is NOT normal, takes a lot of hard work :)
On a full (vented fill) tank 500 is more typical.

NEG

Iam still trying to get to Muddy's target, had Friday off and went nowhere except for two short runs into town. My 10K average on the computer 2 setting is 53MPG, without venting the tank 450-500 miles is nearer the mark. With this 'economy' tank run, altering my driving style its not so hard to get to 58-61MPG even with local runs.

NEG

It's over! :lol:

687.3 Miles! On one tank.

I think I could have gone to 700 but it would have been touch and go! The low tank warning light and beep comes on very early, I trusted in the guage being accurate :D I lost my bottle when the needle was right on the Red line.

I put in 43 Litres for the first cutoff, then squeezed in a full 55 by venting, I think it may have taken a little more.

Oh it's good to drive 'normally, again :funk:

NEG

muddyboots said:
Really can't be arsed to try and beat it though !

Iam glad you said that! I don't think I could go through it again either! :cry:

sssstew, the miles left in the tank where 0, it had been 0 for about 25 miles! :whistle:

Sero

I havent even broke 310 Miles out of a full tank on my 1.4 thats with any kind of driving style :(

I need a diesel :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise