Most miles to a Mk4 tank ?

Triple D

Yep mine pinged yesterday and scared the sh*t out of me, you'd have thought id be use to it owning two ibiza's over the past year and a bit.

T. Spark

muddyboots said:
So....who is going to try and break 700 ?

Did u say 70 :D

I average around 45mpg driving sorta normal... over the past 1700 milesish ive done around 38mpg!

That's bl00dy good from a little Ibiza size tank, what does it cost to fill from empty?
My other half (drives a boring 406 HDi) gets immense mpg, mainly due to motorway miles set on cruise control at 70 mph.
Best figures on a full tank = 1019 miles, with 90 miles remaining (according to the computer)
that was, home- portsmouth-home-coventry-home-donington-home, all motorway, all at 60mpg+
Worst case was last week, 621 on a full tank, driving round town, booting it from every set of lights, and 1 motorway journey of 40 miles at 80mph.

All sounds good, but filled up today at 97.9p per litre, £70 for 71,5 litres

owned it for a year, and average mpg over 30k is 48.2mpg!!!!!

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
I have decided to join in on this challenge!

This is my 2nd attempt after doing the Venting thing. Dont try this at a busy garage with some1 waiting as it does take an extra 5 mins to try and get it filled to the brim!
On course for 710 miles! I have done 170 and computer says 540 left.
Though im sure this will drop and il be happy with over 600 I think.

Im trying this with BP Ultimate and at present it does seem im getting better MPG.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Snoopcousins said:
Could this be the first 700+ ......?
Try your best, because you won't want to keep trying very often :D

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Snoopcousins said:
I have decided to join in on this challenge!

This is my 2nd attempt after doing the Venting thing. Dont try this at a busy garage with some1 waiting as it does take an extra 5 mins to try and get it filled to the brim!

Im trying this with BP Ultimate and at present it does seem im getting better MPG.

the computers usually a bit pants at guessing the miles left. but best of luck buddy :)

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Cheers.
I've had to resist flooring it a few times especially when some Chav Corsa pulls past and thinks they have shown you a clean pair of heels!
There will be a few floorings somewhere in this tank but il be trying for not too many.
Not much fun with Grannys driving past you sometimes....!

NEG

Ah! Good Luck! The computer is a little optimistic, be aware you will need to average 60MPG on every trip to get to 700miles, I was on for a 780mile tank at one point :D but never got near it! Have Fun!

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
yeah dont think I will make 700. I have only been on the motorway for about 20 miles, the rest has been slow dual carriageway but mainly very slow rush hour traffic driving.
if you can get a good average MPG for the carriageway driving the traffic doesnt really affect it too badly.

I will be well happy with anything over 600.
my best before venting was just over 400.

Only going to do this once then back to normal driving! :D

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
665 on a full tank(vented ) .It's actully better on fuel since the remap. It might just be as its getting more miles on it tho.
I recon I could just scrape 700 if i tried (maybe)

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Nice going jason.
Im now on 530 with 1/4 tank left though computer only saying 80 miles left. I think i will push for at least 630.

It all started so well but not enough cruising, too much slow rush-hour traffic.
Averaging 50.8, which isnt bad for mostly town driving and short trips.

Think the next tank will be around 400! :lol:

Triple D

Im on 235 miles and a quarter of a tank left and the computer saying 90 miles left..................... do i not get a reward for this?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
spaniels fr said:
Im on 235 miles and a quarter of a tank left and the computer saying 90 miles left..................... do i not get a reward for this?
Only the driving like a mong award. :fool:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :runaway:

deezal

Sep 28, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
Ive just had my best mpg so far, 63.2 over 310 miles of mixed driving ,150 of those was motorway at a steady 55-60. The rest was mostly short journeys round town . On BP Ultimate , which is 96.4p /litre here at the mo. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.