Motorvogue, Northampton

Dec 3, 2009
Thanks for the heads up!

won't be going to motorvogue for a car haha

they dropped it's price by £310 yday to £7680
originally it had been up for £7990 for about a week I'd had it favourited

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
trust me mate look else where, for example that car was up for £8100 6mnths ago with 36k on the clock on an 06 plate and not alot of kit,

shopped around a bit, looked on autotrader and my current one, 24k, convience pack FR (folding mirrors, dimming rear view, heated nozzles and mirrors) + all the missing bits from the other car) For £7995 in wolverhampton.

Dont get me wrong i did have to put £300 into new tyres but that still but it only £200 more expensive and it was bought from official SEAT dealer as well and for the sake of 2hr round trip, it was a no brainer :D

bocaman

I have been in to motorvogue this weekend and purchased a new boca and I must say they were very good. I think they have had a complete change of staff and they seemed pretty knowledgable to me. They have already been on the phone to me this morning confirming my order and estimated date of delivery. Found them very helpful and welcoming. maybe they have turned the corner.

smivvy

Seat Leon Cupra
Apr 21, 2008
Northants
I wish you well with the car. It is a lovely looking model. I just hope you do not have to deal with their after sales service.

They are an utter waste of time. I would like to say the parts department is better but of late they have been worse.

It is no surprise they lose the best staff :(

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
I wish you well with the car. It is a lovely looking model. I just hope you do not have to deal with their after sales service.

They are an utter waste of time. I would like to say the parts department is better but of late they have been worse.

It is no surprise they lose the best staff :(

likewise mate, hope you enjoy the car, havnt seen one out and about yet, which colour you ordered?? who was your salesman??

as smivvy said, the parts departmemt is better than before, but not by much, ive tried to order a battery cover 3 times each time was the wrong one, they called out a techie to tell me my car never had one [:@], then enquired about the side skirts for my car to tell me they werent for the FR, despite having one on the forcourt (as it transpired) with them fitted and a number of members also having them bolted to cupra's/fr's :ban:

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
Guys,

Where is Unit18? I'm looking for a company to do my next service and am now way using the stealers in Coventry as they seem as bad as Northampton.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
unit 18 is out by bozeat, its about 15min drive from northampton, ali is a top guy, could also be classed as a perfectionist couldnt recommend enough, and the price is good as well :D

whereabouts would you be coming from?? i could give you directions

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
unit 18 is out by bozeat, its about 15min drive from northampton, ali is a top guy, could also be classed as a perfectionist couldnt recommend enough, and the price is good as well :D

whereabouts would you be coming from?? i could give you directions

Phil,

I'd be coming from Coventry so either tme M1 or M6 depending on there exact location, are they a tuner as well or just offer servicing?

Jim

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
18 has got full remapping services available as well if needed, no rolling road but they use northampton motorsport for that if needed, if you need anything upgraded he can do it for ya. Lets put it this way, he's priced up 312mm brakes, FMIC, PD160 Turbo and sachs clutch for me already. On my car he's retro fitted cruise control, fully serviced it, would have remapped it but P-Torque had a group buy offer on before xmas that was to good to miss (came in at £200 with pipercorss filter)

Coming in from the M1 is better as you would come straight down A45 past Scoffers cafe and then the Esso garage next left literally infront of the bridge, 2nd exit off the round about and keep going. You'll come to a bridge controlled by traffic lights go over that and keep going to the next junction, turn left and keep going until you come to the next junction in the village, turn right there and keep going until you go through Aston Maudit. On the left bend you'll see the sign for the piggery leading into a farm turn there, and its then #18. On the way to Aston Maudit becarful of the bridge it has a vicious bump that will bottom your suspension if it at above 50mph.

blue_toaster

I've tried Motorvogue 3 times.

1) I took it in for a basic service, it was returned with so little oil that it didn't even register on the dipstick. I topped it up with what I could get and it took over a litre to even register. Motorvogue took it back and I watched them swap out the oil again to ensure it had sufficient quantity of the right grade oil.

2) I purchased an air filter and was sold the wrong one, this had to go back and it took 20+ minutes for the parts desk to work out which one it should be, including going out to the car to get the VIN to work it out.

3) A few weeks ago I asked for a quote for a dual mass flywheel and clutch change. The mechanic called me back and recommended the gearbox is stripped and inspected as apparently if a spring is thrown you can get bits in the gearbox. That makes no sense to me as the gearbox is sealed an oil tight. The service desk then rang and quoted me 2 hours labour to strip and inspect the gearbox but failed to quote for the flywheel/clutch change. I'm still waiting for a quote for that. Needless to say I went somewhere else.

Avoid at all costs! I won't be going back.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
I've tried Motorvogue 3 times.

1) I took it in for a basic service, it was returned with so little oil that it didn't even register on the dipstick. I topped it up with what I could get and it took over a litre to even register. Motorvogue took it back and I watched them swap out the oil again to ensure it had sufficient quantity of the right grade oil.

2) I purchased an air filter and was sold the wrong one, this had to go back and it took 20+ minutes for the parts desk to work out which one it should be, including going out to the car to get the VIN to work it out.

3) A few weeks ago I asked for a quote for a dual mass flywheel and clutch change. The mechanic called me back and recommended the gearbox is stripped and inspected as apparently if a spring is thrown you can get bits in the gearbox. That makes no sense to me as the gearbox is sealed an oil tight. The service desk then rang and quoted me 2 hours labour to strip and inspect the gearbox but failed to quote for the flywheel/clutch change. I'm still waiting for a quote for that. Needless to say I went somewhere else.

Avoid at all costs! I won't be going back.

o so familiar, they just dont know how to use ETKA or elsa they spend forever clicking around on the screen and then get it wrong, like when i ordered my cupra mirror covers, i got the left hand mirror and a seal :wtf:

MUPPETTS!!!!

mrcrabtree

there is only one word that can be used to sum up motorvogue.

C*NTS

mrcrabtree

Where do i start my friend, firstly I was lied too about when my 1.6 cr tdi would arrive. Ordered it in july 09, told it would take 12 weeks to build and ship to england, arrive in late september 09 (don't they shut down the factory in august, 12 weeks was bullshit). car finally arrived mid december 09. While I was waiting for the car I visitied the dealership many times to find out the eta. first i was told it was built, then i was told it was being built(they got their lies the wrong way round), Then i was told they did not know when it would be built, No one had a clue, i found this very helpful as i am a driving intructor and i needed to replace my current vehicle before it started to fall apart & cost me thousands to keep it on the road. Also when i needed to buy the correct engine oil they sold me the wrong stuff, they sold me oil for a PD engine but my engine has a DPF, so the pd oil would have fu*ked up my engine, when i asked them to order me a 5 litre tub of the correct oil (£35) they refused, I was told I would have to buy it in the 1 litre tubs that they had on the shelf at £15 a litre (£75). I went to a proper garage instead with decent customer service. Buying a new car is supposed to be a pleasant experience, these turds made it a right pain in the arse. The day I picked it up I can honestly say I wasn't happy to be driving away in my new car, i was relieved. I will probably buy another seat one day but It won't be from those jokers, I would rather chop off my own nipples with a pair of nail clippers than give motorvogue another penny.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Where do i start my friend, firstly I was lied too about when my 1.6 cr tdi would arrive. Ordered it in july 09, told it would take 12 weeks to build and ship to england, arrive in late september 09 (don't they shut down the factory in august, 12 weeks was bullshit). car finally arrived mid december 09. While I was waiting for the car I visitied the dealership many times to find out the eta. first i was told it was built, then i was told it was being built(they got their lies the wrong way round), Then i was told they did not know when it would be built, No one had a clue, i found this very helpful as i am a driving intructor and i needed to replace my current vehicle before it started to fall apart & cost me thousands to keep it on the road. Also when i needed to buy the correct engine oil they sold me the wrong stuff, they sold me oil for a PD engine but my engine has a DPF, so the pd oil would have fu*ked up my engine, when i asked them to order me a 5 litre tub of the correct oil (£35) they refused, I was told I would have to buy it in the 1 litre tubs that they had on the shelf at £15 a litre (£75). I went to a proper garage instead with decent customer service. Buying a new car is supposed to be a pleasant experience, these turds made it a right pain in the arse. The day I picked it up I can honestly say I wasn't happy to be driving away in my new car, i was relieved. I will probably buy another seat one day but It won't be from those jokers, I would rather chop off my own nipples with a pair of nail clippers than give motorvogue another penny.

feel for ya mate, but unfortunately sounds the norm for these guys, who was your salesman?? Motorvogue havent inspired any confidence at all when buying a car (as you would have seen in my previous post)

If i were you, when it comes to getting warranty work done, take it to MK SEAT, i used them many times and they generally have a decent aftercare service, they'll make the odd error, but are quick about fixing it and will bend over back up when they screw up so it aint all bad.

Where were you looking at getting it serviced??

Last edited:

tkmking

I'm living in Towcester, and as I have purchased the next two services, i will have a choice of these guys and i think there's a Seat dealer in Milton Keynes just off the M1? Seems like Milton Keynes is a better option...!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
As mark said, they are the better of the main dealers but seriously unless you have to use them, find a good indi they'll do a much better job and half the cost, I think we've named at least 3 in this thread

FR_Simon

Aug 3, 2009
Surrey
Not sure if they are still there as its been a year but Ali seemed OK, post sales I had the misfortune of dealing with Guy who was a smug, lying £$%.

I use Spur garage in Hampton Court now who are excellent and only accentuate how poor Motorvogue were.