Motorvogue, Northampton

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't go near MK Seat for servicing, 90 quid an hour inc vat for labour?

Inde-tech in Milton Keynes are first rate as are TotalVAG in Leighton Buzzard. Both get busy so you will need to book but there is a good reason for that.

4 wheeler crew

I bought my 02 Ibeza sport from MV Northampton a couple of years ago. In the first 6 months the
passenger window dropped into the door, had a front spring break, fuel gauge stopped working, the other front spring broke too! Then the brake light switch went. However..... all repaired f.o.c. under
warranty. Very pleased with the service, and never had any regrets about buying the car.

4 wheeler crew

Just remembered, had booked Ibeza in for the 'inspection' warning to be reset. Was looking at the cars for sale, mentioned to a sales guy what was happening and he reset it for me f.o.c. :)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i have to say that there is one guy on the service desk (forgotton his name now, i think its mark) who is very good, and looks after you, gave me a half price mot due to past experience's, he got the car done straight away, but then the techie, failed the car due to the HID's being slightly to blue,

img010.jpg

which undid all the good customer service he had put in,

but i will say that he kept the techie there until i got back that day with new bulbs in to pass it, which again i cant fault him for, especially as it was 15mins after he was supposed to have gone home,

its the same old story, 1 or 2 people in that dealer are very good, but the rest are morons im sorry but they are. On of the salesman i was thinking about buying a leon from (this was all of 2 months ago) couldnt even tell me the specs of a leon fr tdi, refused to let me look at the service history etc and was prattling on about how he had an overfinch range rover to 200mph :w4nk: and got offended when i told him i wasn't interested in the car without a finance quote or seeing the service history.

for me unit 18 in wellingborugh (soon to be of MK) are very good, he does a top notch job, good pricing, good service, i cant fault ali at all

Paws

May 8, 2010
Rushden, Northants
Ahh yes, good old motorvogue, i had fun yesterday ordering a spare key for my ibiza, will update when it gets here and i have to go back for it to programmed to the car!
As for servicing, tbh i dont bother with main dealers, i use a little local garage near me and have no issues with them at all :)

Paws

May 8, 2010
Rushden, Northants
Well i certainly wont be using motorvogue again.

NO call to tell me the key was in
Passed from different departments/ calls hung up on/ no answer
Finally got her booked in nearly 2 weeks after i placed the order- and it took endless amount of calls & finally speaking to a manager before it got sorted!

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Well i certainly wont be using motorvogue again.

NO call to tell me the key was in
Passed from different departments/ calls hung up on/ no answer
Finally got her booked in nearly 2 weeks after i placed the order- and it took endless amount of calls & finally speaking to a manager before it got sorted!

haha, bunch of retards arent they (sorry i know that might sound harsh) its daft what you have to go through to get the basics.

I ordered a locking wheel bolt from them and it arrived today, my phone call stated, "we have your wheel bolt thingy or whatever here for when you want to collect it" why do i have this sinking feeling

Dazyid71

Mv northampton

I live in wellingborough 10 mins from Northampton and would not go there after trouble with them in the past. I take my seat to mk seat always polite and do what you ask them too do.

FRLeon

Full Memeber
May 12, 2007
Northants
I would never go their again ever biggest bunch of time wasters on the planet, the garage as a whole is crap the service & sales is rubbish as said stay away from the Motorvogue, i have very bad dealings with this garage, i now go to Mk Seat (Wayside) they are really good their and i would recommend them

AlecEiffel

Dec 13, 2011
Old thread I know, but no improvement on the customer service front.

Fine during the purchase process - as you'd expect them to be. Post sales they suck. I enquired about Swifts (they're connected to a Suzuki dealer) on behalf of a friend. They advised that if I recommended them and a sale was made I'd get a cheque for £50. Nice gesture. I did indeed recommend them as I'd had no issues and the deals they had on were good. My mate duly travelled from Pboro (he didn't like the Pboro Suzuki lot for one reason or another) and became the owner of a new car. No cheque though despite emails chasing it which got a couple of replies initially promising they'd sort it, before they just gave up talking to me. I also fired several simple questions regarding servicing etc - all ignored.

Petty stuff, but if they can't sort the little things what are they gonna do with the big things??

Last edited:

AlecEiffel

Dec 13, 2011
Cheers for the recommendation. I'm in Pboro though so bit too far unless MK Seat are near the centre in which case I'd combine it with a day out. Will try Stoneacre Seat here I guess. The Skoda dealer here has a good rep I think and offer Seat servicing so that's another option.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Wayside? Hahaha good luck getting your mouth back with teeth in it - they're going to remove them all to pay for the labour rates.

Say it again, Inde-tech, TotalVAG and Unit18 now are far FAR FAR FAR better value for servicing.

Richmondo

Oct 27, 2015
Trying to buy a car from them at the moment, outstanding balance is £20,000+. They won't let me pay by cash or debit card, I have to bank transfer funds 48 hours before I collect the car, is that normal or are they just being awkward?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.