Mp3 Alphabetical track name order

endofgreen

Apr 9, 2018
Hello every one!

I will need your help for the following, guys:

I have a USB stick full of music (mp3 format).
It has different folders for each band, named after the band's name.
Each band's folder has subfolders named after their album's names and so on.
For instance: MAIN FOLDER: Metallica. SUB FOLDERS: Kill em all, Ride the Lightning etc.

So the problem is this: When i go to my Mp3's, the alphabetical order on my media system plus device, is not based on the band's names but based on the album's names. If a band's album starts with an A it will be at the top of the list and if another album of the same band starts with lets say a T will be way at the bottom of the list. See my point here?

Shouldnt be the other way around? Its very annoying trying to find an album based on its name and not by the band's.

I couldn't find any option to change that. Any ideas? Apart from renaming all my albums lol.

Thanking you in advance!

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
This is fairly common on a lot of mp3 players. My VLC phone app appears to do the same. Assuming your car's unit has the same options as mine and depending on your folder structure, the following should work...

Instead of selecting the Albums item in the menu, select "Show Folder View". Then select the Folder that has all the (for instance) Matallica albums in it. Then select the folder which has all the tracks of a particular album in it. Then either press Play or press Shuffle. Now, only the files in that subfolder will play.

This will obviously only work if your folder set up is... Root Folder/Artist Subfolder/Album Sub-Subfolder - which I believe is what you described.

endofgreen

Apr 9, 2018
This is fairly common on a lot of mp3 players. My VLC phone app appears to do the same. Assuming your car's unit has the same options as mine and depending on your folder structure, the following should work...

Instead of selecting the Albums item in the menu, select "Show Folder View". Then select the Folder that has all the (for instance) Matallica albums in it. Then select the folder which has all the tracks of a particular album in it. Then either press Play or press Shuffle. Now, only the files in that subfolder will play.

This will obviously only work if your folder set up is... Root Folder/Artist Subfolder/Album Sub-Subfolder - which I believe is what you described.

Yeah, this is definitely a bypass of the problem but not a solution. I wish there was the option to select as default the "show artist view".
I have also tried to delete all the main folders and just keep the album folders but still they do not show up alphabetically in the "carusel view".
Mp3's are such a pain in the ass...

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Strangely mine sorts by Artist then Album which is what you want.

I just checked The 2017 Media Sys plus / Navi Sys Plus manual and it shows a screenshot of a Database view page that appears to let you sort by

USB:
show folder view:
Playlists
Artists
Albums
Genres
Tracks

but it's way too hot today for me to go and sit out in the car and try it out.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.