mp3 cd player folders

predo

Dec 26, 2005
Edinburgh
Few questions about mp3 player in mk2.

- does it read id tags or just displays file names?

- do all songs need to be in one folder or can i group them logically into folders on cd and then play only one folder for example?

JC

Apr 6, 2008
It reads ID tags and the song name, artist (and album name, I think) are scrolled across the screen on the stereo at the start of a song.

You can have your songs in folders and it just goes through the folders in alphabetical order. The up/down buttons on the left of the steering wheel go to the next/previous folder and the up/down buttons on the right of the steering wheel go to the next/previous song in the folder.

I find it a bit tricky to find a specific folder sometimes as you navigate them via number rather than name (where '1' is the root of the disc). I wish there was a way of scrolling the song title permanently rather than once when the track starts playing, too. You can press 'info' to see it again, but it should toggle rather than just do it once imho.

I like the mp3 support overall, though. It's nice not to faff around with wires and being able to skip tracks with the steering wheel controls is great. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members