MP3 CD Player

Eriedor

Feb 2, 2009
I can't seem to successfully burn an mp3 CD that the car stereo will read, everytime it states "error cd".

I burn only mp3 files in no more than 6 root folders. Using Vista drag and drop to the disc and closing the session before ejecting.

Any ideas?

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Are you sure you have an mp3 playing cd player???

Does the headunit say "MP3" on it???

Early models didn't have MP3 players....

Wire_Gal

Sep 20, 2010
Warrington, cheshire
Sorry to resurrect and old thread.. But did this problem get sorted?

I have tried MP3 CD's in my car that haven’t worked... but I also have one that does work (getting a bit sick of it now lol) So mine is definitely is MP3 compatible..

Can anyone tell me what discs they use that do work? Perhaps its the disc that is the problem??

Thanks muchly :)

L

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
The disc has to be burned as a data CD and use Nero to create the disc as its the best method. Also make sure the Disc is Finalized at the end by ticking the box.

Wire_Gal

Sep 20, 2010
Warrington, cheshire
Thank you, but yes, I have used Nero, data CD and ensured the disc is finalised.

I suspect its the actual disc is the issue as some work and some dont.

Can anyone tell me what brand discs are used that work and I can try and eliminate that one!

Cheers

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
I have a question. Since my car plays MP3 discs just fine, can I actually divide the songs into folders and choose which one to play in the car and stuff? Thanks.

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Guys, is this the same with iTunes?

Because I burnt a cd (as MP3) for my Niece that she plays in her Audi A3, but it doesn't play in her boyfriends Merc stereo?

If I burn it as a data cd will it work maybe?

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Guys, is this the same with iTunes?

Because I burnt a cd (as MP3) for my Niece that she plays in her Audi A3, but it doesn't play in her boyfriends Merc stereo?

If I burn it as a data cd will it work maybe?

I don't think there's a difference between a data and a MP3 disc, if the data disc contains only music. Have you tried using a different type of CD? As stated earlier in the thread, Verbatim is one of the best brands you could get. And does it read Audio and other MP3 (non-iTunes created) CDs fine?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.