MPG of your EXeo

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Last fill up but-one, I actually got 707 miles out of the tank, trip showed 10 miles left. This warm weather, its doing 47.5mpg, thats on the last 3 fill ups Cost £80 ish quid to refill the bugger up though!!

chrispy

I always fill tank to brim, trip showed 680 miles from previous refuelling and 53 mpg. Mostly M25 driving so stop start and some 85 ish speeds.
Miles to empty shown as 825, drops very quick tho!

19k on clock now and MPG is still improving
2.0 143PS SE

Chris

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Filled up on the way home, at 675miles. Took 65L's (£77 :shock: ) to fill her up, so that's ~14.5 gallons, so approx 46.55mpg.

On the run down to Devon at the weekend, the trip showed an average 53.2mpg, that was with the cruise set at 80mph again ;)

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
I cant seem to get mine above 44mpg and the only thing left to do is push the bugger to get the MPG up which defeats the point lol. Mine has now done just over 7k so i wonder if after a few more k it will improve a little

mcdonald

Exeo SE 1.8T V20 (tuned)
Fuel Type: standard petrol
BHP: 195
MPG Average: ~26-28 (~11-12km per litre)
Miles out of tank (max.): ~437 (704 km)
Just about 15534 miles (>25000km)

Guess I made a calculation mistake concerning the MPG average.
For the above MPG value I used the wrong conversion and its showing the US MPG value.

My Exeo 1.8T is doing appr. 12-13 km per litre (best score so far is 13.58 km/l).

Using the Wikipedia conversion tables I guess an MPG of appr. 37 is more accurate.

rude_pete

Exeo Sport ST 170CR
Fuel Type: diesel
BHP: 170
done 1300 miles so far and averageing 37.6MPG, lot of short journeys during the week followed by long autobahn trips at the weekend.

I recieved mine straight off the transporter from the UK and the battery was connected

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
Exeo Sport ST 170CR
Fuel Type: diesel
BHP: 170
done 1300 miles so far and averageing 37.6MPG, lot of short journeys during the week followed by long autobahn trips at the weekend.

I recieved mine straight off the transporter from the UK and the battery was connected

Thats not bad @ 37mpg for the 170CR mine is just a thursty bugger i think but they do go very well :D

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Just got back from a 1,200mile round trip to France for a week's break near paris. 2 Adults, 1 infant, lugage, buggy etc etc (full boot basically), and have managed to get an average of 48MPG :thumbup:

Not bad considering most of the 380mile trip there (and back) was done with the Cruise set at 80mph (130kmph in France) ;)

I've also had the trip running for the last 10,000mile's and that has shown a steady average of 48mpg also ;) Which I'm rather pleased with, knowing that I'm quite a progressive (read 'aggresive') driver :lol: ;)

I've now manged to cover just under 17k in the last 12months of ownership (will hit the 17k mark next week, which is 2 weeks before my 1 year anniversary of ownership).

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
Mine is still awful on fuel i cant get it to above 44mpg and thats driving really boringly. When it went in for a service i asked them to look at it and they said when they took it out they got 53mpg:censored:he was a big guy too at least 18 stone and im 12 so there is no way on this earth he got that especially as he went downt he road i use every day.

This is now starting to taint the experience of owning one, if the book suggested 30mpg urban as im getting fair play but i wouldnt have chosen the Exeo i would have gone for a petrol car that was more sporty. In the PD engine A3 i had 143 remapped to 180bhp i got 39 to 43mpg Urban and that car is only about 80kg lighter than the Exeo.

As it stands if i keep the car 3 years its costing me around £1500 extra in fuel compared to the books consumption figures

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
For what it's worth, I picked up my exeo yesterday - a 170bhp SE Lux. After the journey to work this morning, which in my old Toledo Sport (150bhp saloon) would easily manage a sedate 60+mpg, I managed 50mpg average in the Exeo. I was driving like a good boy, but I'm hoping this will improve as it's only got 2500 miles on it.

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
Mine has just gone past 8500 and mine aint improving infact today it was only doing 27mpg on short trips around town. I can get a much better and faster car with better fuel consumption than that.

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
Well i did 208 miles today all dual carriage and Motor Way. For the journey there of 104 miles i stuck to careful driving at low revs and 75mph. I was soooo bored. On the way back i nailed it as i couldnt be arsed to drive like an old man. I used high revs and a decent speed and left a number of cars standing when they tried it on, which was fun.

Results are
Journey there careful driving 46.6mpg
Journey back nailing it 43.7mpg

So there is next to no difference for the contrast in speeds and driving styles. I still dont get why i cant get higher than 47mpg when SEAT said they got 53mpg

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
Tangit,

driving to work again this morning at around 60mph resulted in 54mpg for me, but driving to my folks 50 miles away at around 80-90 (kph;) only gave me 41mpg!

It's never going to be as good as my old 150 Toledo, simply because a) the gearing is slightly shorter and b) the car weights about 200kg more!

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
I can understand your difference if the weight is 200kg diff. The A3 is 1370kg and the Exeo is 1455kg which is only 85kg, thats about the weight of one person. Im just not impressed with the fuel stats on the Exeo i think i just have a engine that likes to drink more as it does happen.

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
As the coldler weather has started, mine has dropped to 45mpg.

Had it just over a year now never got LESS that 43 out of mine. I got 34mpg out of my K1 Leon cupra tuned to 300bhp, but my journeys are mainly open main roads.

Tangit, ever had the fuelling checked? Checked the cleanliness of the air filter? Is yours the 170??

You admit yourself you have had 46mpg out of it on a run, so your car will do it. Thats the same as my fuel consumption . We assume you do lots of town or short journeys then?? Ever tried turning engine off if you are stopped in traffic for over 30 seconds? Do you rev the engine to max revs or use torque band ie 2-2500rpm? These are just thoughts at reducing your fuel bill.

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
I drove from Stockport to Liverpool yesterday (door-to-door) at 50mph - because of heavy traffic - using my best driving I nursed it up to 59mpg. I think that's the best I'll ever see. I was over 60, but junctions and traffic lights knocked it down a little.

Tangit

Jun 11, 2010
Staffs
www.tangit.co.uk
stupra

thanks for the advice on my mpg. Ive not had the fueling checked because SEAT would admit any issues they said they got 53mpg out of it on a test drive but i cant replicate that and niether could they when they took me out when i asked them to prove it. The 46ishmpg i got was at 50mph on a flat long road and i would expect a lot more than that for the road. As for rev range well i have tried to change gear when getting max mpg at very low revs. I have also tried to keep the fuel levels light but not too light to suck up any crap that may be in the tank.

I think that my car is just not as efficient as others, with mass production you cant always guarantee to keep up the quality. Im going to see if remapping it with a map changer works so i can install high power maps and high mpg maps and then see what i get.

My current average mpg is 33 by the way for reference and thats a mix distance and town drive

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
as a comparison, earlier in the year I posted somewhere at 70 mph in 6th, cruise on & on flat ground, it indicates an instant MPG of 55. (mines a 170TDI)

May be worth a chip tune. I have Superchips "Bluefin" easily swap existing map for upgraded one (5 mins) and if your next car is "chippable" by Superchips with their Bluefin range, they will reprogram the unit. Its therefore uprgadable. For a few hundred quid, at least it'll go better & justify using more fuel (But on the other hand, it may well resolve the standard maps fuelling issues?? )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.